Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

"Form" post.....never done this...

Old 10-08-2007, 07:37 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: "Form" post.....never done this...

Thanks, Rob (and others). I actually "feel" no resistance in my bow hand. I guess what you're saying is true....but I "feel" no tension in my hand/fingers in the position they're in. I'll try for even less.

I think I will order the next one in 28.5" and get the 29" mods for re-sale purposes, as well. I don't think I'm going to start tinkering with this bow, though.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's not a SC gamecocks shirt is it??[:'(]
Old 10-08-2007, 07:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree with your DL being a little long 1/2 - 3/4s long....
Your shoulders are not square with your hips.
To much tension in your bow hand fingers.

I wouldn't change anything until after the season ends.... You are pretty decent overall.... You have much better than "average" shooter form.

*Edit* I start to read the thread it has 2 posts.... By the time I type mine out it's 2 pages deep...
Old 10-08-2007, 07:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes you look a tad long , maybe 1/2 inch , you are leaning back slightly , your head is not centered above your shoulders , your grip looks a little lose , your release arm looks pretty good pointed in the same direction as your arrow , but it is slightly pointed up , the draw change may cure that .
Old 10-08-2007, 07:43 AM
Dominant Buck

GR8......good point. When I shpot the General the other day.....I shot it off the string (No loop added to the string, yet). It felt fine. What are the DISadvantages of shooting off the string?

Yes....it's a CAROLINA Gaemcocks shirt....lol.

Thanks, Buckeye/Mobo/Monie/Ranger....I'm looking for corrective criticism.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Does this change affect:

1. nocking point?
2. ANYTHING else?

Ihonestly don't wanna mess with it in mid-stream. If it's a seamless transition....I might consider it.
Nope changing out the DL mods.shouldn't change anything. You will lose a few FPS but probably not enough to tell a difference. If you had the DL mods you could change them yourself. It is only two screws oneach cam. You don't even need a press.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yep, you just look a little long on the DL. When I shoot a DL that is to long I find myself having to search for the peep. When you open your hand you put inside pressure on the thumb causing a slight bit of torque. Under a hunting situation it would really compound from the adrenalin. Like you I think after the season would be the time to work it out.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Ok

You are not very pretty
Old 10-08-2007, 08:46 AM

Couple things about shooting off the string. 1. It will tear the heck outta your serving, and since you shoot quite a lot, you'll find yourself re-serving rather frequently. 2. With your release being directly behind the nock, you get a much cleaner arrow release off the string, since there is no pinch like there is w/ the release on the string, below the nock. Eliminator buttons are supposed to eliminate this pinch, but don't think they do....I will admit though, I've never used them.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had a great response on here before the site went down for me........[:@]

Anyhow, there are a few things you could change but before I get into that I would NOT change a thing now. I have no doubt that you are better than average with your consistency and changes now will not breed confidence in the field. Wait till after season is done.

With that said, changing your form will be similar to changing a golf swing. It will take 2-3 weeks of practicing with purposespecifically focused on these changes (not just random arrow flinging) for it to become subconsious and built into your muscle memory and repeatable. If you really want to change these things and clean the form up a bit use a similar routine as you would to make those swing changes. As you know, changes toa golf swing are difficult to make happen on the course, you probably make those happen somewhere else so that when you get to the course they are subconsiousso you can trust what you have trained yourself to do.

The things I would change would start with the front end. Your front bow shoulder looks hiked up and collapsed and I believe if you bottomed this out and also straightened the front bow arm a bit you could get more bone on bone contact on the front and eliminate more muscle from supporting your form. It would probably slow the pin float a bit and get rid of some tremorssince you would be taking muscle out of the equation. I'd bet when you shoot a lot of arrows you probably fatigue in the front deltoid (shoulder muscle), as I bet you are using it now to stabilizer and support your form. These changes will help you rely less on the muscle and there is nothing more consistent for placement of that front shoulder than locked down bottomed out. I would also like to see less tension in the front bow hand, those fingers should be loose enough that if I flicked one with you at full draw they should move freely, they don't appear to be that loose in the picture.

If you make those changes on the front of the bow, it will change where things are on the back for you as well. As you look now, you do look long but the front changes I already suggested will change the back end of your form and possibly make the current draw length come much closer to fitting you. I'd love to see that rear elbow come in a bit higher to form a straight line from the rear elbow, to the release wrist, arrow shaft, and the front bow hand. As of now your rear elbow is slightly facing down and that makes it hard to use your rhomboid muscles (back) to hold the shot and execute from your back. Your head is also leaned back a bit and your hips aren't square with your shoulders and feet to try and accomodate for the longer draw length. If you clean up the front end with that front shoulder and bow arm these things on the back endmay require only a VERY minimal draw length adjustment, like less than 1/2", but it's hard to tell without changing on the front first. My suggestion is to make the front end changes only and take more pictures. Then it will be easier to see how that affects the back end and where we need to go from there to make things fit perfectly.

Just my thoughts.........take them for what it's worth.

Quick Reply: "Form" post.....never done this...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.