Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I can't take it anymore

Old 10-08-2007, 09:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I can't take it anymore

Mines been open since the first and I have only been once. I'm not going to ruin my chance at Moby by sweating all over the place. Cooler weather hit last night so this afternoon it's on again. Good luck Saturday.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Im with ya my NY brethren, the heat is lookin like its going away..hopefully. Ive been itchin for the bow opener all summer, should be a good one!
Old 10-08-2007, 09:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

You shouldn't want it any other way! That's the excitement we should all have. I haven't minded the heat much because I've been so busy finishing the cabin and with my kids in football (practice every night of the week but Fridays), I just the other day shot my bow for the first time, and bow season's been in for about three weeks here! I am washing my hunting clothes now, and expect to be good to go soon.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well the weather sounds encouraging. From what I hear there is a big front coming through Friday with some cool Canadian air setting in behind it for Saturday and into the following week . Lows could be in the high 30's friday night and high of 52 Saturday! That's a little better than mid 80's we've been seeing so far this fall.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

P.S.

Go hit a big bucket of balls. It'll take your mind off it.
Would you hang up the dang golf clubs and get out and hunt for crying out loud!!!![8D] Priorities man............. priorities.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

NYB I tried to hunt last week but its just way to hot to enjoy it ...I did killed a mosiquito that field dressed at about 10 lbs ...

dd
Old 10-08-2007, 05:32 PM
Dominant Buck

Would you hang up the dang golf clubs and get out and hunt for crying out loud!!!![8D] Priorities man............. priorities. [align=right]
[/align]
My non hunting brother was off today and helped me carry a stand and sticks deep into the swamp. I hung the stand in the rain and quietly left marking my back trail with some tacks. I'm sitting in the stand in the AM...even though they call for scattered thunderstorms. Got about 600 yard walk in gooky stuff. Should be interesting. When we got to the spot I had scouted a few weeks earlier my brother ask, "Shouldn't there be a stop light on this intersection"? We'll see. I figure I get one or two chances before the smoke poles start going off all around me on Saturday.