Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Frustrated with Bowhunting

Old 10-07-2007, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Frustrated with Bowhunting

Okay, I had a monster 12 point big buck (I had seen him on my trail camera the day before) I hear him come up from behind me and I don't make a move. Then I slowly turn with bow in hand only to find him 60 yards behind me and then he slowly trots off.[:'(] Had this been blackpowder or gun season I would have had him. He never circled back around and I have hunted it the last few days. I now have to wait 3 weeks to hunt again, but that will be blackpowder season.

This is my first hunt with a bow and I'm really upset. All of my friends are saying I told you to stay away from bow it only leaves you with frustration. I never give up on anything, but I'm really disappointed to say the least he was a big buck. Have any of you guys faced this before? Thanks
Old 10-07-2007, 07:07 PM

Default RE: Frustrated with Bowhunting

Hey this is my first rule bowhunting and im going into this season on Saturday thinking I will see more deer but I wont shoot more deer.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:09 PM

Your friends are losers.[8D]Don't listen to them. Just think if you would have gotten that buck with your bow. How would you feel? What would your friends say then? I'm guessing, NOTHING.

Last year I took my bow out some during rifle season. This year, the rifle is staying in the cabinent. I love the looks on peoples' faces when they see me hunting with a bow during gun season.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:10 PM

bowhunting is challenging, no one says it is easy, but hang in there. i am overjoyed when i finally harvest a nice buck. With more challange comes more hapiness and reward.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey man thats bowhunting for ya. That's what makes this sport so challenging and always coming back for more. I haven't gun hunted for deer in 3 years and I can honestly say I don't miss it one bit. Iwill alsosay that because of my addiction and love for bowhunting I have no desire to persue deer with a firearm.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

Do you expect it to be easy. IF that's the case, I agree with your friends, stay away from bowhunting. It's not for you BUT the reward is so much more rewarding when you do take your first animal etc....there is a reason for the addiction. Bowhunting has more lows than highs depending on how you look at it. I don't view your deer trotting away as a failure but a success at even seeing him while hunting. You'll learn with every success and failure and if your anything like me, your guns will be a thing of the past.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is my first year bow hunting. I was worried about the same thing. Now, as if I wasn't already, I'm addicted. 2 does down, and one more weekend to hunt. Muzzle loader season opens in AR next weekend, but I'll be out with my bow. Don't give up. When you take your first one with a bow, you'll never look at gun hunting the same. I won't give up my gun hunting, but it'll never have the same appeal to me that it once did.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

I don't view your deer trotting away as a failure but a success at even seeing him while hunting.
Amen to that Rob!!!!!
Old 10-07-2007, 07:18 PM
Fork Horn

Couldn't have said it any better myself. I don't even gun hunt anymore for deer. Bow is where its at, and until I shot my first I didn't even realize that myself!!!

Old 10-07-2007, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

You are missing the whole picture. Yes, it would have been nice to have the deer right underneath your stand an make a perfect shot. The best is you witnessed why an what drives every bowhunter is the chance at such a nice buck. That is what drives me year after year to keep trying an trying. You are not going to have everything to fall into place but maybe 1/3 of the time. That is what makes bow hunting challenging.

I had a doe an a 150 class 10 within 65 yards of me last year for an 1 hour an 10 minutes. They got to with in 25 yards an to witness everything to fall apart in just a few seconds wasa let down, but that is what drives me an he is still there.

Quick Reply: Frustrated with Bowhunting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.