Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Frustrated with Bowhunting

Old 10-10-2007, 05:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Frustrated with Bowhunting

Sounds like you are doing alot right and not much wrong to me. 1st time out and you see the buck you want to take at 60 yards. Just hang in there and I would try to stay away from that spot for awhile because I doubt if he was spooked to bad and once the rut kicks in one of those slickheads will more than likely make this bruiser make a deadly mistake. I remember a couple years ago I saw a monster that could've gone close to 200", I hadn't checked ranges from the tree which was my mistake, all of the sudden this monster shows up in front of me. Well I thought he was out of my range so I just stood up and picked up my bow and tried a little grunting at him to no avail. He had love on his mind and trotted off directly away from me. Before I went to get down I took my practice shot at a bush that this buck had been standing by and drilled it right where I was aiming with my 40 yard pin. I am not that upset though because guess what I wasn't sure about the shot and didn't want to wound the majestic beast. I was hooked be4 this point but this encounter was like icing on the cake for me. Ignore your friends and just hang in there cause the way it sounds you have a great spot and a great deer in yer area.

Sorry about the rambling but I just wanted you to see that it can happen to anyone and it will happen to you again if you stick with it.