Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Your DNR

Old 10-08-2007, 06:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Your DNR

Nope.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:45 AM
Typical Buck

Ct has survey cards that you have to fill out! One for turkey, one for deer. Date hunted, sightings, area hunted, etc.You must send it in within 10 days of the end of season, or you become ineligible for the next years season. They have a questionnaire, asking about bear, grouse, and other animals sighted during the previous season,that you must fill out when you buy your licence. They also have report cards that you have to send in within 24 hours of any animal taken!
Old 10-08-2007, 08:59 AM

Indiana has a an Archery Survey program.

Here is the info:

If you plan to bowhunt for deer in the early archery season, wildlife researchers want to borrow your eyes and ears. DNR biologists are looking for 3,000 deer archery hunters to record the wildlife they see while hunting from Oct. 1 through Nov. 16.

Sightings by bowhunters of wildlife such as bobcat, coyote, red fox, gray fox, gray and fox squirrel, bobwhite quail, wild turkey and ruffed grouse are used to monitor population trends from year to year.
If you would like to be a participant or your address has changed, please send your name and address no later than Sept. 15, 2007 to:
Archery Survey
Division of Fish & Wildlife
562 DNR Road
Mitchell, IN 47446
Participants will be selected for the 2007 season based on county of residence and will be uniformly distributed around the state. If you were a participant in 2006, and your address has not changed, you do not need to send in your name again for 2007.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Sliverflicker

Its a good program MOTOWN, Wish we had something like it here in Mich.
I know when I was hunting Ft Riley you had to fill out half a slip to let them know what area you were hunting that day, and fill the other half out (recording if you were successful or not and what game you seen that day) and put it in the drop boxafter you finished your hunt for the day.

Here in Mich you usualy get one, if your lucky enough to get drawn for a special permit (Turkey, Bear, or Elk)
Heck,we dont even have to check or call in a deer, They have counters on the overpasses of the freeway count deer on cars and x it by a fictious number, a pretty piss poor way to keep track of things.

But then if you are a real MOTOWNHONKEY you know this already!
Though I have never been to Detroit, I am the original Motownhonkey!
Old 10-08-2007, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ill take your word for it.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Sliverflicker

Ill take your word for it.
You should it's GOSPEL
Old 10-08-2007, 10:32 AM
Fork Horn

Ohio DNRhas the "Bowhunters Survey"

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Home/wild_resourcessubhomepage/ResearchandSurveys/huntingdeerbowsurvey/tabid/5803/Default.aspx
Old 10-08-2007, 10:42 AM

I have hunted in Delaware, Pennsylvania, and Maryland most of my life, and recently Tennessee. Delaware and Pennsylvania have nothing of this sort. Maryland places a good deal of emphasis on it, and has a good program, as was mentioned earlier in this thread. What I find interesting is that Tennessee does not have anything like this, yet I easily pay five times the money in TN for a resident license as it costs in any of the other three. Go figure...

Jon
[align=center] [/align]