Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Finally connected

Old 10-07-2007, 11:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Finally connected

ORIGINAL: Tom2008

The next day it got up into the 70s. I got out of there right after I shot that second doe and got home to cut her up. It was actually 80 back home. Its tough to follow tracks on a ground covered with damp leaves. We coudn't even see any tracks when we were on the blood trail. I think I arleady answered the buck question.
Even though she might be spoiled by now you can still look for her doing a grid search and learn from that! Soak it all in, its all great info! I never stop taking in info on hunting, thats what keeps me coming back!
Old 10-07-2007, 11:08 AM
Dominant Buck

Again....others have commented on the "search"....and I won't.

"Corrective criticism", yes! I DO congratulate you on your doe...."but"....I urge everyone who bowhunts to keep shooting until they stop twitching....as long as they're in range. Just a peeve of mine. If we can end it for them, sooner, I'm a huge advocate. That's all I meant in my first post on this thread.

Congrats, again.

Old 10-07-2007, 11:27 AM
Little Doe Peep

I'm not going to comment on the first deer because I wasn't there and don't really know what you faced.

But the string hitting your sleeve on the second deer throwing your arrow off bothered me. I've been taught to practice in different positions with whatever clothes I might wear on the hunt so I can be sure that my position or clothes will not interfere. You don't need a wrist guard if you're wearing winter clothes, but it holds in your sleeve and prevents the very problem you mentioned if you wear one with winter clothes.

Unless the weather is really horrible, we shootsix arrows a day for practice just to keep our form proper. I'm very small and use a light bow so accuracy is vitally important. But everyone should be able to make the most accurate shot they can.

I'm a rookie and probably shouldn't be lecturing someone, but that remark about the sleeve bothered me. It could have led to another lost, wounded deer.