Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

my fleatches keep coming off

Old 10-06-2007, 02:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default my fleatches keep coming off

i have quick spin fleatchs on my arrows the same the one ihad but on my the proshop when i bought the arrows 2 years ago jan. Thursday i had two arrow that they came off of just came unclued never shot not once . Then today two more came off. Arrr.i would say i need to have them redone but havenot wonted to spend the money now i am down to 3 arrows that are new and one that has been shot alot but is still good that is out of a dozen four just came off 4 i still have 3 i broke target shooting not counting the dozen or so times i had my target 1/2 dozen which i used for praticing

whey are they coming of is it the clue the fletchs or the arrowor a compation of all three
Old 10-06-2007, 03:18 PM

Default RE: my fleatches keep coming off

the only time that has happened to me i was using old glue.... went down and bought new glue problemed solved...
Old 10-06-2007, 03:19 PM

What arrows are they? Sometimes a green scotch brite pad is needed to lightly scuff the arrow, then clean w/ alcohol and refletch.
Old 10-06-2007, 03:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

there carbon express arrows with quickspins when i bought them the place i bought them from had gottin bad glue they whiched glue and i got mine refletched for free but still doing it
Old 10-06-2007, 03:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

Through a WB?

You said they are two years old but never shot? Could be dry rotted from storage. They should last more than 2 years but even glue gets old.
Old 10-06-2007, 05:14 PM

my WB rest developed a couple bad hairs and were shearing the fletchings off. I got a cobra drop away. problem fixed.
Old 10-06-2007, 05:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

ihave a quick tune drop away rest
Old 10-07-2007, 01:44 PM
Spike

I flecth arrows for part of my job and if a customer ever told me that the arrowsI fleached fell off i would tell him to go somewhere else cause it should never happen.Bigtimgo to that pro shop andhand them some rubbing alcohol and tell them to rub there shafts down before fleatching them.I can bet everything that they dont do this because no matter what glue a pro shop uses this shouldnt happen go there and ask them if they do that and if they dont they them to close the shop!!!!

CLEAN THE SHAFTS
Old 10-07-2007, 03:05 PM
Fork Horn

I had the same problem with new arrows but only with Blazers vanes. I went to wal-mart and bought this Instant "KRAZY" glue. I got the one with the brush applicator and goes on purple and dries clear. Its about a thin as water and dries fast. I've had no more problems since.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:10 PM
Fork Horn

I forgot to say that I painted the krazy glue around the fletchings(on arrows that still have all 3). Onboth sides, also front and back sides.