Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Public Thank You.

Old 10-06-2007, 11:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Public Thank You.

It's easy to get caught up in every day life and worrying about oneself....one reason I love this forum so much is for the great guys we have here. We certainly have an extended family across these great states, Canada and now even over seas.

Through my injury I want to thank you all for your support. It's been a long time healing as you have read and particularly as GR8att2d has lived. Bob (GR8) ruptured his Achilles about a month prior to mine and Bob and I've talked over the phone, email and PM on how my process will go. Bob's been very forth coming and generous with his information and support.

I got my cast off Wednesday and the doc sent me out of the office in nothing more than my sneakers. I was suprised as I wasn't suppose to put anything more than 25 % of my body weight on that leg. I started PT Friday and I will gradually put 50% and then 75% etc...meaning I would be in crutches for another 3 / 4 weeks. That's unacceptable.

In the mail today I received Bob's (GR8)'s Walking Boot from his injury. He said with it I would not need my crutches and he's right. I opened the box and put it on and walked pretty freely for the first time without crutches. I'll be able to help the wife, work on the garage etc a little more with my new freedoms.

I want to publically thank Bob as well as the rest of you for your support.

Bob didn't have to send his boot to me. It's a wonderful gesture.

Thank you Bob.

Old 10-06-2007, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Public Thank You.

Great example of the type of guys that are on the forum.
Old 10-06-2007, 12:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats why I keep on coming back. The people in this forum are top notch, I think of this as an extended family more than an online forum.
Old 10-06-2007, 12:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

great post, Rob ........way to go, Bob .....
Old 10-06-2007, 12:21 PM

Thats a great gesture!
Old 10-06-2007, 12:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice one Bob for getting Rob on his feet again and nice one Rob for such kind thoughts , you guys are a great bunch and thats why i come on here everyday .

Old 10-06-2007, 01:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes ... it was truely a very nice gesture on Bob's ( GR8att2d ) part and I would like to thank him too for helping his fellow hunter and friend in his time of need .
Bob ... my hat is off to you buddy you are one heck of a nice guy to do what you did , I really do hope to meet you some day and shake your hand.
Old 10-06-2007, 01:39 PM
Bartender

Thats what were all here for, each other. Save that boot unfortunatly someday you can pass it on.
*knocks on wood*

By the way somehow if I shoot one tonight and have issue who can I call?
* I will print off the recover thread for guidance* Honestly I am like potts after a shot and
useless mostly in tracking. I try to calm down but after that 168 last year I couldnt and
even with a doe I need work on this.
Old 10-06-2007, 01:50 PM

Does that mean your post count won't go up so rapidly now??

Naw, you know I'm just bustin on ya. I'm SO glad you're doing better, and you're right. The quality of folks we have on this site are top shelf to say the least.
Old 10-06-2007, 03:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

Ben, A real bunch of great guys here. Not everyone sees eye to eye all the time but when the chips are down, everyone's heart is usually in the right place.

odKP, agreed.

PreacherTony, yes sir, thank you, and thank you Bob.

Jeff, sure was, I really appreciate it.

Bailsuk, You'd be our overseas extended archery brother.

RDH, I agree and would like to meet the both of you and many others.

Tony, When I'm done with the boot I will be sending it back to Bob, along with a care package so he'll have it but I PRAY that NO ONE needs it the way we did. It's not a good injury. I'd rather have broken a bone... I hope no one ever goes through this.

Don, that's probably the case, I won't be on as much....I'll be hunting, working on the garage etc...miss me.

Quick Reply: Public Thank You.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.