Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Public Thank You.

Old 10-06-2007, 04:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Public Thank You.

Aw shucks Rob, quit getting all mushy and stuff [8D]
Just funnin, i agree, alot of great people!!
Old 10-06-2007, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bob is a class act for sure. Glad you are recoveringas fast asa 20 year old Rob
Old 10-06-2007, 06:51 PM

Glad to hear its working out for ya buddy! Don't over do it though just because you have that boot.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

I won't over do it if I can help it. I just got out of the jacuzzi tub doing my exercises. I was actually impressed that I can walk around without the boot as well. Not all the time nor will I because I don't have the support. I think it's coming along nicely. Slowly but surely guys.

Thanks Bob again. Tomorrow will be nice working on my garage on my own two feet.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rob, I actually thought about you and Bob last night. I was paging thru my Bowhunter Mag. I got in the mail yesterday, and there are 2 stories of guys that came back from leg injuries to have very succesful seasons. The first guy blew out his achilles playing softball and still went on his elk hunt.

And you are sure right on about the great group of guys on here. I get soooo much support and strength from them in dealing with my wifes battle with Lukemia. All I have to do is ask and and the prayers just start coming our way. It is truely a blessing to be among this type of friendship.

Thanks to all of you.
John
Old 10-06-2007, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats on getting the cast off. never thought you'd be climbing a stand so soon. I figured you'd be sitting in a ground blind.

I have two wires hooked into my spine right now - I'm going right to the woods when those suckers get pulled out on Wednesday!!
Old 10-06-2007, 10:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I blew a disk out in my back a month ago. I'm almost ready to hunt out of a ladder stand. I couldn't even lift my head for awhile.Thanks to my Dad and brother for setting it up for me. The hot weather takes the pain out of not being able to get out there. Hopefully I will be good to go next Saturday.
Hope you're healing up quick enough to go too. We all have to realize that we are not kids anymore, and take care of our bodies. One slip can ruin a season that we can't get back. We only have so many and that's it.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:44 AM
Typical Buck

Rob,

sorry, didn't hear about that untill this post, have a good recovery man....
I have to admit when it comes down to it, most guys on HNI ( and now most guys on archasse.com, a french bowhunting site ) are pretty decent dependable people !!!
I too have to thank, Bailsuk, the Rev, Ausie-guy, Davpjr, Redneck Bowhunter, MD, and tons of others....
I was hoping on getting some real hunting done by the beginning of next season, but after some great help by the guys on this site and the french one, I can say that before the end of this season I will have hunted......
Every issue you can imagine, when you post it, you will be sure you'll have a laugh and some decent advice...and that's what makes this such a special place.....

Frank
Belgium
Old 10-07-2007, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

It is nice too see so many good people helping each other out in this crazy world. Bob you are a great person for helping your fellow bowhunter friend out in this way and many other ways. This place and the guys that come here to exchange information and suggestions are class acts, even the ones that don't always agree (right or wrong) with what is being said have a voice and deserve to be heard. OK I am rambling, Bob you can be proud of yerself for what you have done for Rob because we all are proud of you also. Now Rob get out there and shoot one of those Crazy looking Bucks that you are so famous for.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks all and thanks Bob. I spent the day siding the garage and on my own two feet thanks to the boot. I really appreciate it. Today was a good day.

iowabob, I'm hoping to break the Crazy looking bucks rep unless it's Crazy and 150"s.