Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shot this PA Buck,

Old 10-06-2007, 10:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Shot this PA Buck,

With my camera! Sorry, made you look.[8D] My beautiful wife dropped me off at my stand today. I got my cast of Wed, had my first PT session Friday. I was able to get my rubber boots on today and noticed with the support I could actually hobble on my bad leg without the crutches. I still took one crutch with me from the truck to the stand.

At first light I didn't see a deer. Just after 7:00 I glanced down the 200 yards to the food plot and noticed a deer came out of the CRP and started to feed on my lush clovers.

I knew immediately it was a buck and threw up the bino's. This buck showed himself for the first time last Saturday evening. He came into the food plot to feed in pretty much the exact same way he did this morning. He checked the licking branch and scrape then with a couple calls he made his way down the field to me. Good photo ops....any takers?

And at 16 yards, Pick a spot.

Notice his tarsal glands are still pretty white....not much ruttin activity from this guy. They will darken significantly as the does "rut" progresses.
Old 10-06-2007, 10:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Shot this PA Buck,

Nice pics.....Did mail come yet? Is he a 5 point.. would you put him at 2.5 yoin your area?
Old 10-06-2007, 10:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Why I oughtta ......

How's the leg, Rob?
Old 10-06-2007, 10:57 AM
Bartender

Great pics Rob and great to see you out hunting
Old 10-06-2007, 11:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

.....Did mail come yet? Is he a 5 point.. would you put him at 2.5 yoin your area?
I just heard the dog bark, wife is outside, grabbed crutches and hobbled into the bedroom to look out the window, figured it was the mail lady....yupper, my friend, just got mail. I'll let you know.

Yes, he's a 5 ver....I'd say 1.5, what ya'll think?

Let's see your dots on the animal from an elevated stand, I'm 26' up.

Edit, it's either 26 or 22 depending on the darn rope, I forget it's lenght.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Around here I'd say 1.5 too..but for up around our camp..he looks pretty well filled out for 1.5..and in zoomed pics he looks bigger bodied..tough call

I stink at dots..takes too long from this puter..can anyone see the "S" in his hair? from 26' and 16 yards out..I'd be just below that. By the way at 26' I'd probalby be clutching the tree so tightly I couldn't shoot anyway!
Old 10-06-2007, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

sweet pictures Rob! Dont forget me when it cools down, Its just to darn hot for me right now! I got to P/T 3 times a week but I think I can work out a hunt around that!
Old 10-06-2007, 11:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

I thought you got one, you one legged goof ball.

I am still not commenting [>:]
Old 10-06-2007, 11:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

how is this??

Upon further review ... move to the right 2 inches
Old 10-06-2007, 11:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

nice pics rob!!!

he does look a little..."plump"...but i think its that long, thin summer neck on him...id doubt hes any older than 1.5....

you own a little bit of land?? i couldnt imagine hunting a field edge like you do. id LOVE to do it...but around here i wouldnt see anything lol.

saw me a little guy as well this morning. 6pt. had 7 but his right brow was a tiny bump...has to be an inch to be legal or i might be posting pics of me and him together. i cant take pics...my camera makes some awful noises when the lense comes out...i need me a new digi cam one of these days...

Quick Reply: Shot this PA Buck,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.