Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

my bad luck

Old 10-05-2007, 10:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default my bad luck

Ok so im starting to get pretty pi$$ed off here lately... I haven't seen anything since September 18th or so... Well i seen a fawn last week but thats it. Is anyone else having this kind of luck because it would sure make me feel better..haha. Tonight was a perfect night, there was fog, wet leaves, kinda misting and i thought it would be the night to shoot a doe but i guess not... I have my stand set up where i seen 10 deer a night last year and now this year im avering about a .002.. What do you think i should do?
Old 10-05-2007, 11:12 PM

Default RE: my bad luck

my check got lost in the mail.....so i cant even go out...so i dont see anything
Old 10-06-2007, 04:39 AM

i have a 10 9 8 4 pts and three spikes running the property, and all ive seen were two spikes and a fawn in 4 days of hunting. we need a cold front.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

My first 2 sits at my favorite white oak produceddeer sightings and a shot each time, as the temps were in the 70s. My last 2 sits at the same spot produced no sightings, temps in the 80s. Go figure.[&o]
Old 10-06-2007, 06:11 AM
Fork Horn

The season is early yet, the weather hasn't cooperated yet and to top it off this weekend is a youth gun hunt. It's going to be in the 80's and we have to wear orange? NFW! It doesn't pay to get all worked up, roll with the changes. I took the wife for a motorcycle ride yesterday, didn't get 2 miles and got hit with a pop up down poor. Felt great! If I can't be out hunting, might as well be having fun. If it's gotto be this hot, might as well trade the camo in for wet Tshirts and bikini's.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Dude look at the temps we have had all season, 80's. Its sick. If I was a deer I wouldnt want to move either, and now with the biggest acorn crop wi has seen in years, the deer arent venturing around much. Just be patient. If you sit, they will come. Wont be long the pre rut will be kicking in.
ORIGINAL: wisbowhunter2009

Ok so im starting to get pretty pi$$ed off here lately... I haven't seen anything since September 18th or so... Well i seen a fawn last week but thats it. Is anyone else having this kind of luck because it would sure make me feel better..haha. Tonight was a perfect night, there was fog, wet leaves, kinda misting and i thought it would be the night to shoot a doe but i guess not... I have my stand set up where i seen 10 deer a night last year and now this year im avering about a .002.. What do you think i should do?
Old 10-06-2007, 06:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

I would go find them .... scout around ..... hunting where there deer aren't going, is like fishing in a swimming pool ..
Old 10-06-2007, 02:19 PM
Typical Buck

I've seen four deer since Sept. 1st. A spike, which I took for my first bowkill AND deer period, two yearlings and a doe. The doe came out last Sunday night and I was getting the shotgun up (I didn't have my bow sighted in to forty yds and the shot was at least 35), the two yearlings came out behind her. It was clear she was looking out for them so I just sat and watched a while. Every broadside shot on herwith the shotgun slug would have been a pass through that hit one of the yearlings so I didn't take it. After a time she heard a noise andstepped out into an opening and gave me a clear shot,by then I figured the two yearlings were still with her for a reason so Ijust sat there with the gun down and watched till dark.

At least this year I can sayI got a deer and I had at least one other shot I passed on.Last year was pretty much a waste of my time.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:27 AM
Fork Horn

Last year was pretty much a waste of my time.
I spend most of my days hunting, the rest are a waist of time. lol If you didn't spend the time last year, you might not have gotten one this year. Congrats on taking your first deer.