Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Taking my son bowhunting in the morning

Old 10-05-2007, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Taking my son bowhunting in the morning

Tomorrow morning will be the first time my son gets to see a sunrise from a deer stand. He's just along for the show, but is shotgun hunting this fall with me.Tomorrow is just a warmup to gethim ready for next monthwhen he is the one doing the hunting.We will be watching a funnel between the bedding area and our pond.....just hope to see something. I'm 0-2 on my hunts this year, haven't seen a thing.This heat has the deer 10 kinds of screwed up right now.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Taking my son bowhunting in the morning

You are giving your boy something he'll remember the rest of his life. My son still remembers the first time I took him fishing (age 4) and the first time he went hunting (age 10), He's now 24. Give him something special to remember! Good Luck.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:07 PM

Being 22 i can vividly remember my first deer hunt/bowhunt w/ my dad. I'm sure he'll have a great time and you'll probably have a better one. Good luck!!

Old 10-05-2007, 08:14 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats early and I hope it is a special one. I cant wait until my daughter is old enough to go with me. She is only 1 so I have a ways to go.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

sounds like a great experience
Old 10-05-2007, 08:25 PM
Typical Buck

Good luck with your son. I took my 5 year old son on opening day last weekend and we were lucky enough to harvest a very nice doe. It is a day I will never forget and I doubt he wont forget neither. Every time he tells someone the story he always includes "yea daddy said be very quiet cause there is a deer then he shot him and and we did a lot of high fives!"
Old 10-05-2007, 08:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck, I hope you 2 have a great hunt!!!!
Old 10-05-2007, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hope you have a great hunt, one to remember!
Old 10-05-2007, 09:01 PM
Fork Horn

I still remember my first like it was yesterday. Didn't see any deer but that didn't matter. I am sure this will be a memory your son carries with him through out his life.

Wayne
Old 10-05-2007, 09:56 PM

5 days into the season and I have taken mine out 3 times already. First time out we saw a few, but none came close enough. Tonight on the way to the stand, he was clowning and jumped two does about 10 yards in front of him. I don't know if the deer jumped as high as he did or not. He's just 6, so I halfway expect stuff like that when I take him.

Quick Reply: Taking my son bowhunting in the morning

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.