Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Better than the Rage???

Old 10-05-2007, 07:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Better than the Rage???

I'm not a mechanical broadhead fan what so ever![:@]
Old 10-05-2007, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Those things look terrible!! Those blade arent only gonna slow the arrow but they are gonna redirect the arrow and most likely brake off and be useless.

Any mechanical head IMO is junk except I haven't made up my mind about the rage. They seem pretty good but im still sceptical about the spadetip and stuff they still have on those things and i guess dont quote me on this and correct me if im wrong but i dont htink you can ever change the blades in em.I don't know what everyone elses preference is but I'll never shoot anything but a BONE CRUNCHIN MUZZY. I've seen pass throughs through both shoulders at 35 yards with em. Well not pass through but head made it out the other side about a foot, no brokenblades or tips justshattered bone.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:47 PM

ORIGINAL: cptleo1

This broad head is a "Rocket Buck Blaster"

2 3/4" cutting diameter.

No problem with a pass through.

Actually a pretty old pattern (10yrs +)

A quick trip to Cabelas gave some interesting feed back

5 out of 5

[/align]Buckblaster Broadheads, November 22, 2006
By tbeck from Pa.

[/align][/align]

"These should be mandatory for all bowhunters. They open up a baseball size hole going in, and same size exit hole. Anyone who has ever hit and lost a deer, you know the feeling, should consider using these. Great penetration from bow shooting at @300 fps."

[/align]
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No (Report Inappropriate Review)

[/align]
Overall Rating:

5 out of 5

[/align]Rocket Areoheads Buckblaster Brosdheads, November 21, 2006
By ggerdy from WI

[/align][/align]

"They fly like field tips, and put a hole in a deer that will not close up. I have never lost a deer due to lost blood trail, would never think of using a different tip. The hole going in is large but it is the exit hole that is very impressive. The damage it does inside is also impressive."

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
You forgot to paste thisI think.[&:]

2 out of 5
[/align]The blades broke after 2 shots, September 28, 2007
By klang37 from Mason, OH

[/align][/align]

"While practicing with these into The Block target...second shot made 2 of the fixed blades fall out (yes I tightened it up before the second shot) and one of the mechanical blades broke in half. I have had success with the hammerhead and miniblasters...these have shot better too."

[/align]
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No (Report Inappropriate Review)
[/align]

Overall Rating:

1 out of 5
[/align]very dissapointed, September 9, 2007
By jerseyarcher1225 from Hopewell, NJ

[/align][/align]

"I purchased a pack of these broadheads, after sticking a huge double bearded tom this past spring, in hopes that the large cutting diameter would really put the smackdown on turkeys in the futur, however on the very first shot into my layered target two of th mechanical blades fell off when the small screw attaching them came undone. The machanical blade that remained was slightly bent and could not be returned to its proper closed position. I still believe these broadheads would do a number on a turkey but id go broke shooting these one shot wonders."
Old 10-05-2007, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow.........personally id never even try em
Old 10-05-2007, 08:20 PM
Typical Buck

Not sure that I would ever use them. I stick with the Ol Montecs that have never prooved me wrong in the past.