Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

In Honor of Pops

Old 10-05-2007, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: In Honor of Pops

Thanks for the post. My dad will be 77 this hunting season and I am taking advantage of all the hunting and fishing we can do together.

He'll be watching over you this year. Make him proud
Old 10-05-2007, 06:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

T .... nice tribute .... . my prayers are with you this season ....
Old 10-05-2007, 06:50 PM

I also miss mine I killed my first squrriel with him just so happens tommorrow is the first day of squrriel season it just brought tears to my eyes remembering him he also gave me his gun one day i missed a buck and my gun jammed. I ended up killing the buck with his gun I will never forget him. Of all my memories of him hunting with him are my fondest. I sure do miss him. Hope I can pass on to mine one day what he did to me.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:58 PM
Bartender

Thank You all it just kind of finally hit me I was afraid it might not but it did after 7 months.

Jeff cool middle name and ty pal
Preach a great big thanks.
Rob Thank You
Old 10-05-2007, 07:13 PM
Spike

I can surely relate to thee emptiness you feel, as after spending so much time withmy dad hunting when he passed away a few years back I felt horrible for awhile. Every time I'd see a chickadee land on my arrow I just knew it was him checking in on me and encouraging me to continue the tradition. I know he's in a better place, and someday we'll be together hunting again!!! God Bless you and keep your hunting spirits up:-)))
Old 10-05-2007, 07:20 PM
Typical Buck

I'm sure he is still out there with you in the woods. Just be glad your Dad hunted with you and you have those memories. My old man is still alive and kickin but haven't talked to him for about 3 years or so and he never spent more than 2 hours with me once every 4 months or so when I was a kid. I have never had a parent or friend to hunt with, don't even know what it is like to hunt with someone. Just enjoy the memories and be thankfull for them. You seem to be a very good son as stated above.
Bradnon
Old 10-05-2007, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll tell you what mobowhuntr, if he went while crappie fishing he went how he wanted to. If I am so lucky to go while doing something I really enjoy, couldn't ask for more.

Fraley, my daughter had an assignment in school many many years ago. She had to come home and get her parents definitions of certain words. We finally got to the word "wealth". After thinking about it for a minute or two, I came up with this - "Wealth is not measured by the worldly goods you accumulate while you are here, but by how long and how fondly you are remembered after you are gone." Keep this up and your father will have been a very wealthy man.

In Memory of Kenneth Cooper taken from this world on 6/17/2002 and Leah Cooper who went "home" (to the Lord) on 9/26/2006.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

That was a very nice post FRALEY!It brought tears to my eye's just reading it and feeling your emotion's! I think alot of us take these things for granted way to much, i know i do! From here on out i will make every attempt i can to spend time with my dad weather its out in the woods or just sitting at his place talking about good old hunting stories and good memories! Thanks for the post and thanks for opening my eye's up again!
Old 10-05-2007, 07:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

A fitting tribute Fraley to, I'm sure, a great man, who looks down from the ultimate treestand, proud of his son, who he sees walking in his footsteps.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great Tribute you guys......we owe it to all of our fathers and for-fathers especially those that were dearest to us.

Quick Reply: In Honor of Pops

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.