Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

215" Taken in Louisiana

Old 10-05-2007, 12:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 215" Taken in Louisiana

To go back to the buck on the 4 wheeler, the one supposedly killed this year. I will have to agree with what MOTOWNMONKEY said, I don't see a entry or exit wound. I do not believe this buck is legit. I have never heard of a bow shot that hasn't left a mark. Anyone else feel this way, or just me?
Old 10-05-2007, 07:45 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 215" Taken in Louisiana

We do have areas that produce big deer.The parish this deer was reportedly killed in has produced some monster bucks in the past.Tensa federal wildlife refuge and Biglake wma are know throughout the state as big buck areas.We are located in the northeastern part of the state in the mississippi and louisiana delta famous for rich and fertile soils.There are also a lot of high dollar hunting clubs along the same area,and when I say high dollar I mean 5000.oo plus a year membership.So yes it is likely this deer came from one of those privite leases,decause the refuge is not open yet.I will try to contact the local warden and grill him for info on this deer and let everyonr know what I find out.He usually goes for a run 2 or 3 times per week and parks his truck in my old driveway where I used to live.google the MCMURRY BUCK and this will give you an idea of the area this buck was killed in.