Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

215" Taken in Louisiana

Old 10-05-2007, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 215" Taken in Louisiana

Monster for sure.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:10 AM
Typical Buck

WOW...that is a lot of bone to be hauling around! I agree with Rob in the "where's the blood?" , but I was also thinking that the reason they didn't have it dressed out yet was waiting on a taxi to do it for a full body mount.When I looked at the other pics though; I see that they caped it out, but it looks to me like they kind of short sided themselves with that even. Was it just me or does it look like he still has velvet in that last pic where they have him caped out? If he does have velvet yet, is that normal this late in the year in LA?
Old 10-05-2007, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Awful pictures, and it looks like they caped it too short. What a shame.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: RattleSnake1

WOW...that is a lot of bone to be hauling around! I agree with Rob in the "where's the blood?" , but I was also thinking that the reason they didn't have it dressed out yet was waiting on a taxi to do it for a full body mount.When I looked at the other pics though; I see that they caped it out, but it looks to me like they kind of short sided themselves with that even. Was it just me or does it look like he still has velvet in that last pic where they have him caped out? If he does have velvet yet, is that normal this late in the year in LA?
I'm not sure about LA but I've seen several bucks here in NC in the last week that still had velvet. I guess that's due to the absolute lack of friggin rain we've had!!
Old 10-05-2007, 09:28 AM

im just thinking if they shot it with a bow and he has only been shooting for a few months so its probly #60 or under and by how big that deer is maybe he didn't get a pass threw and we are looking at the clean side. just puting that out there it does look alittle fishy tho
Old 10-05-2007, 09:41 AM

I hate to be "the one", but this smells of high fence, game farm, etc. I live one state over and let's just be honest, we don't kill deer like that in the South... It is possible, sure, but HIGHLY unlikely.... I home I'm wrong..
Old 10-05-2007, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Double Creek

I hate to be "the one", but this smells of high fence, game farm, etc. I live one state over and let's just be honest, we don't kill deer like that in the South... It is possible, sure, but HIGHLY unlikely.... I home I'm wrong..
Never seen a trailer park with a high fence hunting area but anything's possible! Leave it to us southerners and we'll figure it out somehow!!
Old 10-05-2007, 10:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I couldn't find anything about it on the net right now. Hopefully more details will come out. I'm very curious.

I didn't think we grew them like that either, but I don't think it is "impossible" in the Mississippi river oxbows
and delta = good soil, lots of natural minerals, lots of crops, lots of cover, and genetics may not be local
due to importation of big deer from other areas.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

It looks like there is some blood smeared on the underside of the deer. Not much put it does look a little redish.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Wheatley

It looks like there is some blood smeared on the underside of the deer. Not much put it does look a little redish.
Also looks like some blood on the concrete at the back of the 4 wheeler.

Quick Reply: 215" Taken in Louisiana

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.