Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

opening week doe

Old 10-04-2007, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: opening week doe

Finally have a few minutes to share my encountersfrom opening week NC

Saturday- Opening day - went to the TREE - an earlier post where I have taken three nice bucks in the last three years and there is a red truck parked there - so no go - I went to another field which was planted in corn and hunted a point of oaks that lead into the field - just before 7pm heard deer walking towards me - Seen three large does heading up on my left side - picked the lead doe - and whammo 13 yard shot - 75 yard recovery
Bowtech commander - 71lbs and a g-5 striker broadhead - decent blood trail

Monday morning - decided to hunt a funnel - and thin strip of woods seperating a cornfield and last years cutover - seen a 4 point at first light in the cutover and nothing else until 7:51 am heard movement behind me and caught a glimpse of deer legs in the brush, 2 large does where feeding on the edge of the woods, I slowly stood and waited for them to come into an opening - whammo 28 yard shot, commander striker broadhead and a 4o yard recovery -

Monday afternoon- hunted near a cornfield , with a thick cutover to the right - seen a large doe around 6:30 pm and decide to wait on some bucks to show - no more deer seen that night

Tuesday am - up bright and early - settled in the tree by 5;15 am and waited, could hear deer walking in the dark and knew it would be a good morning -seen a decent 6 point at first light shot a little high - missed few minutes later a 4 point strolled onto the scene and I held off - seen 5 deer total this morning

Tuesday afternoon - Not too eventful seen a yearling doe by itself but held off from shooting

Wednesday am - SLEpt in

Wednesday afternoon - BEARS and lots of em - will post another story

Thurs Am- Nothing at first light waited patiently 8:12 am seen a doe heading my direction-- she turned broadside at 31 yards and Whammo - 40 yard recovery - by this time I am using a two bladed rage - massive damage

Thursday Afternoon--- Went by another cornfield perfect corner set-up , about 6:50 pm saw large doe easing down the path towards me - whammo 30 yard recovery- starting to like these rage ---

Fri - am -- Went back to the point from Sat afternoon - seen a small buck at first light -- 7:15 am 3 coyotes came to my left -- whammo took the lead dog out -- last rage head I had

FRi afternoon - traveled way back in the swamp looking for mr big -- I saw a doe and a fawn about 200 yards in a cutover watched them eventually feed up to me and under my stand - fawn was actually nursing under me for a while - no shots taken

Sat - am -- Rain and rain so I slept in

Sat afternoon- went the same place i was Thurs afternoon about 6:50 pm noticed a doe entering the field, then 4 more does, then 5 more does, then several more -had a large doe 12 yards away broadside you guessed it Whammo - sidewinder broadhead 50 yard recovery

Hunted 11 times seen deer 10 of these times and 4 bears Wednesday afternoon( scariest moment in the woods) will post story

5 deer in the cooler -seen a ton of deer, found an old cypress tree huge
got a coyote and was able to relax some finally[/align]
Old 10-04-2007, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great pics and cool story!!!
Old 10-04-2007, 08:14 PM
Fork Horn

wow your a machine
Old 10-04-2007, 08:16 PM
Typical Buck

congrats
Old 10-04-2007, 08:20 PM

ORIGINAL: buck_master_101

Congrats... but what exactly are those white specs?
Could that be beaded up water?
Old 10-05-2007, 06:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Great does!
Sounds like you will be eating good this year.
Congrats.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Geez Frank leave some does for the rest of us here in NC!! J/K man good shootin!