Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

South Wind Blues

Old 10-04-2007, 12:46 PM
Spike

Default South Wind Blues

I don't know about the rest of you guys in the Midwest, but this South/Southeast wind condition is really starting to get on my nerves. This is such an uncommon wind for my area, I don't have any setups to accomodate it.

As a result, I've been spending a lot of time since opener (9/15) either not hunting or getting busted. Arghhhhh.[:'(]

I'm pretty much getting to be on a first-name basis with the matriarch doe on one of the properties I hunt. She has busted me twice in five days. She is a mature 4 y/o+ doe and not much fools her. I'd like totake her but so far she's outsmarted me.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:50 PM

Default RE: South Wind Blues

Hopefully you won't get the wind shift that we've had. Growing up in the panhandle of Nebraska we always had a North Northwest wind. It seems like we've had nothing but south winds for the last 4 years. And the winds seem to be 20mph plus at least 2 times a week.

Old 10-04-2007, 01:57 PM

the wind here in cent. ohio is south east also its geting old also im fealing your pain
Old 10-04-2007, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its been the same seniero here....the last few years its been more south/ SW than anything in the fall, and alot warmer. Normallyour predominant winds this time of the year are NW.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ditto, I have very few spots that are any good for a south wind.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:33 PM
Fork Horn

I, on the other hand have been waiting for the south wind. I am on some new property and the best spot needs the south breeze to keep it good. I see a shooter buck every night i am out there, but hopefully he will in come close and give me a shot so the wind can switch back to normal.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Where I hunt the south winds are the best. River to the south,deer travel north in the eve to get to the farms.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:08 PM
Typical Buck

Now you people feel our pain in the south. SORRY!
Old 10-04-2007, 04:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I feel this pain of some sort........In Jersey the wind has been Coming out of the east for quite some time.

Most of my good stands are set up for the prevailing west wind.

85 degreeevenings + South East winds = No sit
Old 10-04-2007, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ihave good stands for South winds, but it sure would be nice if it wasn't so blasted HOT!!

Quick Reply: South Wind Blues

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.