Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tekan II's anyone?

Old 10-03-2007, 09:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Tekan II's anyone?

I played around with these today at the shop and needless to say, I'm pretty darn impressed. They are a reward opening head like the Rage and Snypers but are built like a TANK. I like the G-5 toughness with them. No rubber bands to them and they claim that it only takes 3lbs of energy to open them. Pretty nifty I think. They do open completely on impact too, (I tested that ). I also don't think you have as high of chance at getting some "deflection" withthese heads. Looking for some feedback from you guys, likes, dislikes. I picked up a pack to try, we'll see if I can whack a nanny with one tommorow.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tekan II's anyone?

If you do whack nanny, post some pictures.

Ryan.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can tell you by the scar on my left index finger, that they do indeed open easily, and are very sharp. Aside from that, I make it a point to make sure they are completely closed after removing them from my quiver.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:17 PM
pwe

Started using tekens in 05. Shot 7pt and button had complete pass through on both. 7pt jumped twice layed down got up wobbeled and was down. I was impressed. Button took 3 jumps looked over shoulder did back flip. In 06 shot doe at 17 yards broadside arrow tip 2 tip blood. Started tracking and had very little trail. Looked back at video and arrow looked funny when it passed through. It looked like it just fell out other side. Checked broadhead 1 blade was missing other did not open. Note 05 deer died in sight did not half to track so I never checked for blood trail they left. My mistake. Switched to slick trick 100 mags and have not changed.

[/align]