Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Elephant taken with Bow

Old 10-04-2007, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Elephant taken with Bow

Sure!
Old 10-04-2007, 06:56 PM

One thing in life that has always puzzled me. Why do we think what we do is the only way it can be done.

People in India don't eat cows because they are sacred, but we will sure down a Big Mac.
Chineese eat cat and dog, but thats just gross to us. There are so many of these type items. If we were from a different country we feel diferently about alot of things.

This brings me to my point, Ohiobuck 25 says "exotics" are better off left in the zoo. Did you ever stop to think there is some guy in Africa saying the same about a Whitetail deer or bear. They don't put Elephants and Zebra'sin the Zoo there because the are native to the land. But ship over a bear or deer and that's something special. All animals are exotics to someone.

Old 10-04-2007, 07:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

I had to catch up and read the hoopla.

Broadside, congrats, that is some awesome stuff there.

If i had the money, I would go to africa to hunt. I'm not real big on foreign travel as is, but that seems like it would be cool. I would want to hunt cape buffalo. Elephants would be cool, but not unless I had one big gun and a bunch of other guys with big guns too.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Is the .416 a kind of broadhead? Just asking because I was a little thrown by the title of the thread.

I still think killing an elephant is a pretty remarkable accomplishment for a hunter regardless of the weapon. Sounds like you had a great time, congrats on your trophy.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:31 PM
Dominant Buck

An elephant is not high on my list of things to shoot. I'd rather shoot a dang mole or something. But hey, that's me.[8D] But seriously, if someone paid for the trip I'd have to pass on an elephant. If I don't eat it I don't shoot it. I'm not about to vacuum pack an elephant.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:47 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: davidmil

If I don't eat it I don't shoot it.
ditto
Old 10-04-2007, 09:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I don't shoot it, I don't eat it...nor does anyone else-weird the way that all works out. What does a dang mole taste like?
Old 10-04-2007, 10:00 PM

ORIGINAL: BroadsideAdventures

Why would you say something like this?
Because that is how I feel.

You set in a tree waiting on a deer that you have patterened his whole routine with a game camera, or you used a feeder. "Why would you call this a hunt"
I don't use game cams............or feeders.

I at least stalked my animal with in 15 yards, what do you think an elephant just stands there fore you.
My feelings have nothing to do with "how"...........just the "why".

Read up on the number of deaths cause to hunters, and PH's in Africa by Charging Elephants.

Still don't want to shoot one.

You should experience something before yoube littleit!

I've never smoked crack.............and somehow I am still able to understand it's not for me

I thought we were all hunters here and were on the same side. Now I am wondering.

Old 10-04-2007, 10:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats!!!!!!! Looks like one heck of a hunt!!! I would love to go to Africa, but it would be a gun hunt at first, then maybe a bow hunt.

Don't pay attention to some of these guys, they always wake up on the wrong side of the bed.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wow!

Sound's like a real awsome trip.

nubo

Quick Reply: Elephant taken with Bow

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.