Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

moultree I40 game camera, ???

Old 10-03-2007, 03:53 PM

Default moultree I40 game camera, ???

Well folks I just got my moultree game cam the I40 yester day. I got it out and got some batteries for it. set it up and started to play with it.

I Have a problem with it though. it has a delay built in that is adjustable from 1 min. to about 15 min.[:@] the problem is im trying to set it up so that its delay is less than 1 min.[>:][&:]

If any one has one of these cameras pleasehelp me out here. I dont think the cam. will get any pics with the delay set to 1 min. they ought to be well gone by then.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: moultree I game camera, ???

I thinkrefers to the delay between pics not the delay between detection and taking the picture
Old 10-03-2007, 05:09 PM
Typical Buck

switchback, I just bought the same camera and have the same question.
I am going to set it to take 3 consecutive pictures when I put it out.

Old 10-03-2007, 05:17 PM
Spike

The only camera that i know with shorter delay is the predator evolution with a 30 sec delay. Thats right the one min in the time in between pics, the trigger speed is about 1 sec on that camera. I have 4 and have had good success with them and actually have a picture profiled on the back of the package (the one looking into the camera). hope this answers your questions
Old 10-03-2007, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

bushnells are hard coded at 30 seconds. not sure about all models, but the low end models are.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:15 PM

well i must have been confused, I thought the delay was for trigger speed. I guess it is not. its hanging in a tree, hopfully take pictures of buck zilla for me and not chillin in some dudes truck waiting to go on ebay.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the same Camera Guys... First of all, the 1 minute delay is BETWEEN pictures, not trigger speed.. Second, if you try to get a picture of a walking deer with it, you probably WONT...I can't, unless you face it up or down a trail, instead of Perpendicular to the trail.. Also, if you set it take consecutive pictures, it takes 10 seconds to take the second picture.. I always set it to take two, Reason being, if there isn't enough light, it will white out the first pic, but for some reason the second one is ok, just pink sometimes.. Dont ask me why, but it works... Otherwise, daytime photos are fabulous... Just checked mine today, 186 pics, of course, divide that by TWO,, cuz i have it set to take two pics and a delay of 1 minute.. Any other questions, just ask..
Also, the Moultrie website has a software upgrade that may take care of white out issues.. I just haven't done it yet, cuz its in the woods...

Old 10-04-2007, 07:29 PM
Typical Buck

Mathews boy, you are correct the upgrade is supposed to take care of the whiteout problem.
I have done the upgrade but have not put my camera out yet, I want to build a security box for it so the camera does not end up in someone elses hands.

Howgood is the video on these cameras?
Old 10-04-2007, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Side.. I haven't tried the video yet...

Also, I do have a picture of a small 8 pointer being spooked from the Infra red.. I'll post it ... Hold on..
Old 10-04-2007, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mathewsboy

Side.. I haven't tried the video yet...

Also, I do have a picture of a small 8 pointer being spooked from the Infra red.. I'll post it ... Hold on..
This guy didn't spook. In fact he was rather NOSEY!!

Quick Reply: moultree I40 game camera, ???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.