Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why don't they show kill shots X2??

Old 10-03-2007, 08:15 PM

Default RE: Why don't they show kill shots X2??

Which is why I have boycotted 95% of those shows. They are just fake....
Old 10-03-2007, 08:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

i was just thinking which show was it that show the breack down shot
ORIGINAL: MOmightymite

That's why Deer and Deer Hunting is such a great show. They take the shot and replay it a couple of times. Then they show where the shot was anatomically, then they grade the shot! Other than that I know a few shows that put the shot in slow motion to show the hit.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have an even more disturbing question. They show hits where the deer is recovered 100% of the time. They also show complete misses. I have never seen a bad hit or a deer hit that was never found. I'm not buying it.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Even more aggravating was a show that used to come on Saturday mornings on a local channel. They ALWAYS cut away from the animal at the moment the shot was taken and showed the hunter shooting. It was infuriating and I stopped watching the show because of that. I like seeing the shot played over in slow motion too.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:28 AM
Host of Hosts

They don't show the impact because of the pressure from the anti's and sponsors pulling the plug on them.In other words we as hunters are folding to the anti's trying to keep them happy,and now we are on the defensive all the time defending something we love to do and have the right to do.
Unfortunately this is the case. The problem we have is the hunting community is very small as compared to the rest of the population. I think it's the 80 % who don't have an opinion on hunting either way that we're trying not to turn against us. Sad reality.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's supposed to be more about the hunt and less about the kill. I always thought that was the message they were trying to convey to their viewers but maybe you guys hit the nail on the head saying they're just trying to be PC. I've seen enough of that TV hunting that it doesn't really matter one way or the other. I'm finding myself watching less and less these days anyway.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like seeing the exactly where the shot hit. I usually replay these scenes in slow-motion and then study how the animal reacts, and how far he runs before he crashes. The Primos DVD I have will stay on the animal until he crashes or goes out of sight, and then show slow motion replays of the impact.

As a hunter, I don't think it is disrespectful to the animal at all. I think studying and critiquing where the shot hit and how effective that shot placement ethically killed the animal is important, especially to bowhunters. I like the 3d model re-enactments of the shot placement too.