Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting With A Decoy?

Old 10-03-2007, 05:46 AM

Default Hunting With A Decoy?

Hey guys I thought I would get some opinions on hunting with a buck decoy during the rut, I am supposed to unt in Illinois the 2nd week of November and was going to give it a try. Has anybody had any luck using one or any stories? I've seen some of the T.V. guys use them pretty succesfully and thought why not.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Hunting With A Decoy?

I have used them with mixed results in the past but, truth be told, they were not the best decoys....McKenzie deer targets, half bedded foam deer, that type of thing. Like you, however, I was always interested in how successful some folks seem to be in using them. I picked up one of the Buckwing Bob'n Head decoys this past summer and have been using it during our regular archery season.

No luck yet but deer movement has been suppressed because of the moon phase. Once I have more to post I will do so.