Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Snoopin' around AT

Old 10-02-2007, 08:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Snoopin' around AT

After years of being trained by Fortune 500 companies in consultative selling, I'm loathe to pick what I think will become a favorite bow for someone... Everybody's different; we all have our personal preferences as to what "feels right" to us. Just as I can't decide for a client or customer what he or she will like, neither can I pick a favorite bow for someone. There may be things about your Allegiance that you're just not willing to part with from a personal perspective ... things that feel "right" to you and not to someone else.

Everything also comes at a price... Technology has fortunately minimized the trade-game that inevitably has to be played, but it does have to beplayed in all arenas. In photography, it's light-gathering ability (Fstop) vs. shutter speed... speed vs. torque... strength vs. speed; you get the picture.It's everywhere. Every time a new product is released fromany manufacturer, I believe it's wise for the prospective buyer to shoot the bows he or she is interested in and form hisor her own opinion, weighing whether the new technological advancements outweigh other choices, includingwhat's currently owned.

Now... to answer your question: Yes.

Old 10-02-2007, 08:37 PM
Fork Horn

if thats true, and the 34ish ATA shoots that fast and anywhere near as smooth, quiet, and accurate as the tribute, Im sold and WILL get one. (just keep it a secret from the significant other)
Old 10-02-2007, 10:46 PM

I checked out the pics over on AT, I wasn't impressed with the string supressor design...just my .02
Old 10-02-2007, 11:05 PM
Typical Buck

Is it just me or did that bow look like it had an idler wheel on the bottom?
Old 10-03-2007, 12:46 AM

if you guys thought the Guardian/Commanders were quiet and vibe free......wait til you get to shoot one of these.

Why is it that every bow is SILENT, SMOOTH and SHOCK FREE............until next year.

This tired old dance happens EVERY year. I can't even count how man times I have been told or read about a new bow that is gonna be the greatest thing since sliced bread. Two years later and you don't even hear the bows mentioned anymore.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

I may be interested in this years line-up..Especially if as someone said at AT these bows have a more pronounced valley..

I like the Idler wheel and the suppressor..and the fact that they steal good ideas form both Hoyt and Mathews..Now everyones gotta love them! lol
Old 10-03-2007, 05:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

It may be time for me to upgrade in '08. And I like the looks of what I've seen. Although I may have to do an upgrade in trad bows 1st.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: atlasman

if you guys thought the Guardian/Commanders were quiet and vibe free......wait til you get to shoot one of these.

Why is it that every bow is SILENT, SMOOTH and SHOCK FREE............until next year.

my thoughts exactly!

It looks like a PSE and a Bowtech had a baby ...... I bet it's a shooter ..... nice bow
Old 10-03-2007, 06:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

I look forward to trying one out. I have to call down to the local Bowtech dealer to see if they received them yet. I have heard of other shops across the country receiving theirs.

I like the big brace height. It is one of the first things I look for in a bow's specs.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

The roller guards are very nice. I love mine on the Iron Mace. It's comforting, b/c you can let the bow down without feeling like you're going to impale your handwith the cable-guard. They're maintenance-free.

I do like how Bowtech has integrated the string suppressor into the roller guard. That's nice. I remember when Bear first put the integral string suppressor/cable guard on their line up in the early 2000's, I thought it was a good idea then. Still like it.

I wholeheartedly believe that Bowtech does put out some hunter-friendly bows. Their '07 models with the forked risers were a step slow for my liking, but still nice huntingbows. I'm not a huge fan of their dealer markup either - their consumer pricing could be a LOT better. That said, they are quality hunting bows. Very user-friendly.

Companies who are making STS units for sale to the general publicshould either subcontract with thebow manufacturers orbuy their burial plots now, b/c they're not going to be in business much longer. I know HCA is putting stock suppressors on their '08's, now Bowtech is doing it, as is Hoyt. I look for the rest to follow.5 years from now, there won't be many bows floating around that aren't stocked with a suppressor. Funny how things come into vogue.

Weird, watching the dominoes fall, eh?

I know that HCA owns the patent on that roller guard. I'm guessing they'll be raking in somenice royalties on that little nugget. http://www.google.com/patents?id=8w0QAAAAEBAJ&printsec=abstract& zoom=4&dq=6722354

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.