Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

it was bound to happen

Old 10-02-2007, 07:03 PM

Default it was bound to happen

hello all,
i'd like to share a little story w/ you all.
i have been taking my 10 y/o daughter to the woods w/ me as often as i can.everytime i take her we either kick up a deer walking to our stand or don't see a thing.well thats all changed now.tonight we got in aound 3:30pm(after school)and hour later i spot a doe, i look over at my daughter to tell herand she is asleep.lol
i wake her up and she see's the deer.a few minutes later the deer is 20 yards broadside from me.i pull back,take aim and shoot dropping her in her tracks.i said to her " well what do you think?'.she said" dad i didnt see it. i said whay not? she said i was watching the bigger does behind her"...i said there was another deer? she said yea i never took my eyes off the bigger one ..lol
well alltho she didnt see the kill she still experienced it and thought it was great.i am glad to say i truely have a hunting partner.now we have to work on her archer skills.

thanks for reading

otto
Old 10-02-2007, 07:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: it was bound to happen

Very Cool and congratulations.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:08 PM
Fork Horn

Good job otto,

I can't wait until my 5 year old gets big enough to tag along in the cold. He came with me last year on a late season bow hunt for doe. We had 3 about 50 yards out but he never saw them. He came with me to set one of my stands up a couple weeks ago and asked if he could come with me opening day. He said he could sit on the ground while I am up in the tree.

Start em young....

Wayne
Old 10-02-2007, 07:10 PM
Super Moderator

Congrats...
Old 10-02-2007, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations!I hope you have many moresuccessful hunts to come.(Next time post some pics of your deer.)
Old 10-02-2007, 07:33 PM

in the beginning i thought there is no way she could sit still.....then it hit me

GAME BOY LOL.......she sits still and keeps quiet.untill she falls asleep lol..i thought that was funny....yea i am blessed she loves the outdoors...she's quit a bass fisherwoman also.

thanks for the nice comments
g/l this season to all

otto
Old 10-02-2007, 07:38 PM
Typical Buck

Bayfire,
Congrats on the deer and being able to share that experience with her. I too have taken my son out a few times...never seen much. One day about 12 were coming toward us and I didn't even get a shot.. He is not one to sit still very long...He has fell a sleep a couple time...it's all worth it though!
CONGRATS!
Crutch