Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shoot ourself in our own feet. No offense rob.

Old 10-02-2007, 06:55 PM

Default RE: Shoot ourself in our own feet. No offense rob.

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

Who steals your stands ,your camera's, its not golfers its the guys you show your trail cam pics to. [:'(]
people show thier trail cam pics on here does that mean that we all take your stands and cameras?
Old 10-02-2007, 07:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

Jim, he's refering to fellow hunters....and he's right and it's appauling.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Our biggest problem is that we let others perpetuate the myth that we (hunters) are swill drinkers. There was a time when we (hunters) were highly respected and had to do nothing but ask to hunt, now with so much disrespect nowadays we have a hard time hunting anywhere. Then when you find a spot, it's being trespassed on. Rybo has a good point, I know soooooooo many slobs that brag about unethical shots and you wouldn't believe the calls I get as a taxidermist! And like GMMAT when you have good properties and have rules in place, forget taking "friends", I have had them go behind my back and try and run me out. And have had some flat out go against what I wanted. I have a pond that is known as a big fish pond and you wouldn't believe how many "friends" want to come fish but if they catch a big fish, they won't follow the rules and release it. Needless to say NO ONE has fished it this year, 4 have tried, 2 the police ran off, 1 I ran off, the other tried at night and was ducking bird shot (emptied of course)as he was leaving. Sorry got off topic. My point being that many of us (hunters) don't think about how we come across to the general public. Being a taxidermist and hunter I have run across more than my share of antis and if you are educated, you can at least get most of them to think. Most don't know about the Robertson-Pittman Act or the thousand of ways that we(hunters) have a positive influence on literally thousands of lives, whether it's Hunters Feeding the Hungry or just the money spent in towns that would about dry up without it. Look at GMMAT and his donating meat to a needy family, I donate most of any deer I kill. I do keep the backstraps and inner, I may be generous but not entirely. How many guys know of an older couple that could use the meat? How many have asked? You would be surprised at how far that goes in a community. Oh yea I agree with the article.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:26 PM

Well 2 things they said at the couse.

1. Dont every say if its brown its down.

2. Cover your deer up if your transporting it.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:30 PM

I totaly agree with what the article said. In my bow course here in NY they made it a point on how not to offend the general public. Some hunters do not care what other people see. Last year I saw this person with a deer on the top of his SUV driving thru one of the busiest and most populated areas around.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:02 PM
Dominant Buck

Rob you need a dictionary (appauling?)...lol (j.k buddy).

Rybo....I say the same thing....just a little different. I always say...."The more hunters I meet.....the more I'm disappointed".

ncaxi....Thanks for the kind words. BTW....Can I come fishing?
Old 10-02-2007, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

It was right on the money and perception is everything. We can be our own worst enemies and PETA's best friends.
Look at a shot up road sign and assume every hunter who drives by woulddo rather do itthan condem it.
And yes, It IS fellow "Hunters" who steal my stands and trail cams.
It has only been in the last couple of years that this state has allowed you to cover up a deer while transporting. Good idea although you don't have to so half the guys drive around town for the day showing it off in the back of a pick-up with it's tounge hanging out. Looks bad and so uncool.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Jeff, it's urban talk. Sorry.
[*] Urban Dictionary: Appauling [/align] Urban Dictionary is a slang dictionary with your definitions. Define your world ... Appauling. 18 up, 6 down. The n00bish and wrong way to spell the word 'appalling' ...[/align] www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Appauling - 14k - Cached [/ol]
Old 10-02-2007, 08:35 PM
Dominant Buck

Sorry....didn;t know your had street cred.

Word.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:37 PM
Typical Buck

Totally agree, I hear fellow"hunters" spouting off stupid statements all the time...............the problem is they really could care less if they offend anyone with thier backward statements.

Quick Reply: Shoot ourself in our own feet. No offense rob.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.