Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

All Natural homeade Ground Blind

Old 10-02-2007, 01:42 PM

Default All Natural homeade Ground Blind

I have a great spot to hunt that I have never hunted before, however I don’t really want to get in there & put up a stand. I have a ground blind right now but it’s not fun because Its too small for me. I wanted to make my own ground blind with the natural elements from the timber. I thought I would just put some limbs up behind me (to cover my silhouette)& on side then a little bit up on front. I figured just putting limbs/grass/other timber floor to put up around me. Is this a good/bad idea,,,,,,,any opinions? I was gonna go put it up today around 4 then stick around to see if I can spot any deer. Whats everyone think?
Old 10-02-2007, 02:20 PM

Default RE: All Natural homeade Ground Blind

I think that you can do what your thinking. I have seen a fair number of deer just by sitting on the ground leaning back against a tree.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds reasonable to me. I don't go up in trees so all my hunting is done from the ground. Homemade and pop up blinds work well
Old 10-02-2007, 02:53 PM
Typical Buck

should work just fine as long as you are not making too much noise in the setup process.