Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lets talk scents

Old 10-02-2007, 12:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Lets talk scents

I posted this over on my team thread too, but I thought it would get more traffic over here. So what does everyone use for scents, and when do you start using them. Do you use a drag rag, and if you do, what do you put on it. What do yu put on scrapes, and what do you put on the licking branch. Lets be specific, let us know what brand you use. What is your routine when you leave your truck headed to your stand.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:49 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Lets talk scents

Right now, I'm using HS scent waffers doe scent, buck rutand Code blue doe estrous. On scrapes I take out the code blue. When I'm on the stand I hang a couple buck rut and doe estrous 20 yards around my stand. I've been doing that for a couple of years now. Got my biggest buck last year using this method.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:21 PM

Last year i had alot of action with the doe estrus BUCK BOMB (especially during the rut). When i would walk into my hunting area i would start spraying it over my footsteps. Ialso sprayed the trunk of the tree that i was in. This seemed to create alot of action in my woods.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks you 2. Come on, doesnt anyone else use scents? Or is everyone afraid to give out their secrets.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:08 PM
Fork Horn

im sure everyones tired of hearing it but i let our pet deer rub on me and it works great. since not everyone has this option, if any of your buddies get a deer just rub your huntin clothes on em, but avoid the blood and an estrous doe. wouldnt be good to get mounted in the dark by a big boy.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:04 PM

using vs-1, deer herd, and earth scent all in stick formation from brodercrossing scents.