Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Wisconsin Hunters?

Old 10-10-2007, 06:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Wisconsin Hunters?

Yes, all holders will hold them, if you noticed the tags are perferated this allows the tags them selves to be folded under the the main identity part of the tag. Your numbers must be visible at all times.
ORIGINAL: BobCo19-65

I just got mine today. Can't believe the size of them. Do they make holders that big? If anyone has one they arn't using, please PM me.
Thanks,
BobCo
Old 10-10-2007, 08:21 AM
Fork Horn

I just got mine today. Can't believe the size of them. Do they make holders that big? If anyone has one they arn't using, please PM me.
Thanks,
BobCo
Go into any store that sells hunting stuff, even just a Walmart, and you'll find the license holders. They range from $1.50 to a couple bucks depending on the color/style/quality. It's not worth someone mailing you one--just stop in anywhere in WI and pick one up! (Says the guy who first hunted in WI last year and couldn't believe the size of those things!)
Old 10-10-2007, 08:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have no problem with it, I never even know its there. Thats the way that Cha Vang was caught, one of the wounded hunters wrote his back tag number in the dirt on his 4 wheeler!
Old 10-10-2007, 08:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Go into any store that sells hunting stuff, even just a Walmart, and you'll find the license holders. They range from $1.50 to a couple bucks depending on the color/style/quality. It's not worth someone mailing you one--just stop in anywhere in WI and pick one up! (Says the guy who first hunted in WI last year and couldn't believe the size of those things!)
Doubt if I'll be stopping anywhere once I'm in Wisconsin. We'll be arriving late and hunting six days straight starting the next monring. MaybeI can find one on line.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Doubt if I'll be stopping anywhere once I'm in Wisconsin. We'll be arriving late and hunting six days straight starting the next monring. Maybe I can find one on line.
BobCo, if you can't find one online, I'll put one in the mail for you. There cheap like under $2.00. Let me know!
Old 10-10-2007, 09:29 AM
Fork Horn

The back tag is a bit rediculous but what are we going to do? Wear it or get a fine.
Hey 3 stone, I used to hunt a lot down there. Where Bear creek goes under hwy 14 to the Wisconsin river. It's now public hunting ground, was private when I first hunted. The deer hunting was great back then, turkey's too. Been thinking about giving it another try but thought that CWD and the DNR had pretty much ruined it down there. Is this the case? Was thinking about a WI. river bow hunting trip some time soon. How far southwest do I have to go to find good deer hunting down there now? Arena down? Lone Rock down? Gotham? Is there any water in the river?
I bought my fold a boat just for that reason about 10 years ago, hunted with it one time then CWD set in and I found a new place to hunt closer to home. Wife has family in Richland Center, land I've been hunting was just sold as of yesterday.
I've got a patrons license and I kind of think they use it to measure your height with too. lol they hand it to you at the counter, you hold it up and there's 6 feet of tags! Take you pic on survalence camera, they know how tall you are then and have your back tag in the picture too. Sneaky ain't they? lmao
Old 10-10-2007, 10:23 AM
Fork Horn

BobCO,

One you cross over the Wisconsin state line just pull over at any gas station/convenince store. Thay ALL sell them.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I have the problem solved thanks to BowHuntingFool.