Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

GPS EPE?

Old 10-01-2007, 12:50 PM
Typical Buck

Default GPS EPE?

I recently bought a Lowrance Ifinder H20 unit.

I am concerned about the EPE. While using it today, I noticed that my EPE didn't get under 50ft and in most cases stayed 100-400ft.

For those of you who have GPS's whats your EPE usually read on any given day?

*mods, plese leave this post where it is...the bowhunting forum is about the only one i visit and this question is a lot more relative to hunting that drinking aquifina water. thanks
Old 10-01-2007, 12:54 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: GPS EPE?

I normaly get between 15-40 ft, but that is with WASS.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:10 PM

You never mentioned what terrain you are hunting in. There is a huge difference between the plains of kansas and a heavily wooded canyon on Montana. My Garmin Summit rarely gets over 100ft and is usually 20-50ft and if it did get over 100it likely couldn't locate enough satellites to navigate in the first place.

I'd call the mfgr support line and see if they have a firmware update or if the unit is bad.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:41 PM
Typical Buck

I was messing with the unit today IN MY YARD. Beautiful day. Not a cloudin the sky.

I contacted Cabelas and they told me that if the unit was prforming like I described that it was probably a defective one and that I could return it for a credit or another unit.

Now I am trying to decide if to try another of the same kind or just use the credit for another name brand?