Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

October Better?

Old 10-02-2007, 04:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: October Better?

After wishing our season opened up earlier than it does, I know have come to the realization that instead of opening when it does, I wish it ran another week. This year our 6 week season will end on my bday, Nov 10th. Even if I have my tag filled, I wish it ran until that following Saturday.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:17 PM

I'm in central WI and it has been awful so far, way worse than any other year I can remember. I have a "sure thing" stand that I have always counted on to at least see "a" deer, I've sat in it 3 times and haven't seen a thing. So far the biggest buck I've seen is a 1 1/2 year old 7 point. Had some great trail cam pics of a wide 10 point and high 8 point and 1 pic that had 4 different bucks in it, haven't seen them since the end of August. October can only be betterthan September.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

The end of Oct. has always been better for me. Right around Halloween. Then in Nov. it really gets good...
Old 10-02-2007, 07:49 PM
Fork Horn

I have been seeing Lots of does on our land, way more than usual. My brother in law and I have already taken three. I had a very nice high eight under my stand on opening morning, but couldnt shoot since we are in earn a buck. But it seems like I'm seeing more than usual. I'm sure it will get nothing but better the closer we get to november. Good luck to you all.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Where at in Central Wi?

ORIGINAL: Angry Beaver

I'm in central WI and it has been awful so far, way worse than any other year I can remember. I have a "sure thing" stand that I have always counted on to at least see "a" deer, I've sat in it 3 times and haven't seen a thing. So far the biggest buck I've seen is a 1 1/2 year old 7 point. Had some great trail cam pics of a wide 10 point and high 8 point and 1 pic that had 4 different bucks in it, haven't seen them since the end of August. October can only be betterthan September.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:23 AM
Bartender

Sheesh at least he seen a buck, I just want to see a couple so I can go through the jittering process.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

I finally went through the jittering phase Monday nite when I saw 3 deer one was agood shooter7 pointer the other two one was a button and the other a nice forkhorn.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:13 PM

Outagamie County... Appleton is the closest civilization. Not exactly big buck country but it's fun anyways.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Since I hunt only a few miles from wis_bow_huntrI can say the same thing. I only saw about half the deer that I saw last year and the the year before. I did see a mature buck last Saturday night but he was about 100 yards out. I was not around for opening day but my nieghbors wifr shot a small 8 and it was 1 of 4 deer that she saw.

This happens every year we have acorns and it seems you can't find a deer even if you hunt the oaks.I know most of the acorns are gone so this should get back together soon.