Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Good PA Opener

Old 09-30-2007, 07:31 PM
Fork Horn

Default Good PA Opener

well i told a nice story and then something happend witht he site and i lost it all so long story short. hit one in the morning in the leg laying down after getting in hour late, 1st wounded deer in years. wife saw it limping a little later on tracked it anyway found blood after 200 yrds tracked it 600yrds to nothing blood was small all the wya then slowed to nothing so im sure she lived. went in the evening to a doe spot i have, missed one under the tree 6yrds out and i was 25ft up. got greedy and aimed for the spine (easy track this will be i thought)and she flinched and feathers just brushed her back, deer all around. does took off a few yrds back in the thick stuff and all the fawns stayed around smelling licking my arrow with its blinking tracer nock on it. then they started bleating and the mothers were grunting at them to get back in there but they wanted to go to field. eventually all but one fawn went back in and went to field around me about 60yrds away. the one fawn left was calling for an hour and i kept getting her to come back to me cause i figured she was the fawn of the doe i shot at and sure enough the doe came in to sight but didnt want to come close the faw went out to field an i called just like it was doing brought her into 25 yrds opening in the canopy of trees shot and heard the ribs break but thought it might be back a bit after finding the arrow with smelly gut shot like stuff on it. left her go for 2-3 hours and cam back dead were i saw her last only 50yrds away. shot was slight 1/4 to me and i hit right over the shoulder down in came out 3rd to last rib catching a bit of liver and intestine from lowness of exit. heart had one blade cut and both lungs had three nice cuts. ill post pics if i can get them to load. best thing of the hunt was the miss cause of all the calling i got to hear most ive ever heard 1.5hrs worth of it.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Good PA Opener

WOW!!!

Sorry bout the bad shot you made on the one doe.......but great shot on the other!!!
Old 09-30-2007, 07:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Good PA Opener

as usual i cant get pics to load unless i make them super tiny what can i do to fix that