Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Use your cell phone to your advantage

Old 10-01-2007, 09:22 AM

Default RE: Use your cell phone to your advantage

ORIGINAL: davidmil

So what do you do? Say, "Self, you got to remember to cut this limb, and that limb and maybe that limb". The day I have to make recordings of limbs to trim I'm trimming too much. LOL I carry a cell phone for one reason... emergency backup.
Yeah I say somethingalong those lines.I.E: "Straight ahead facingfield edge..there is an oak behind the two smaller trees that interweave. Trim off the branch going to the left" You get the idea.I had a lot of limbs that I wanted to cut and there are some that I don't want to cut. Recording my thoughts as to which ones need cutting helps. Only have to climb that tree once when I do it this way.

Personally, I just take a friend out. Depending on whose stand it is, one person gets in the standand gives directions while the other one trims/clears. Don't overclear doing it that way either. Works great.
Well, I've done that before. My dad had a lot of fun that day.Sometimes I'm in an area all by myself so I'm flying solo those days.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just notch the limbs and come back with a saw. For other trees, I scrap the bark on the side of the tree that has the limb that needs cleared away. When I come back, I usually stand there for a second wondering why I scraped the bark on that tree, then it comes back to me and I start trimming away.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Some good thinking right there. As for myself I'm cell phone illiterate and those screens are way to small for me to pick anything out. Don't get me started on them buttons.

Can't wait to take the kids along. Then I'll be right there with ya.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:08 AM

ORIGINAL: nodog

Some good thinking right there. As for myself I'm cell phone illiterate and those screens are way to small for me to pick anything out. Don't get me started on them buttons.

Can't wait to take the kids along. Then I'll be right there with ya.
In other words, you don't take your reading glasses with you to the stand. Me either!
Old 10-01-2007, 10:09 AM
Typical Buck

I have defenitely used my cell to take pics of deer and such that were moving around my stand.