Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Looks like I'm short about $400

Old 09-30-2007, 01:29 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Looks like I'm short about $400

Just went to fill my feeder (the one I leave up 12 months a year....and don't hunt over).....and it's gone. Just for giggles....I check my lock on up the line.......yep....gone, too.

What a day, huh?

this area backs up to the SLOBS land they think is theirs and trespass to hunt on......so I have a good idea. NOTHING I can do about it, but vent, though. Nothing.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Looks like I'm short about $400

Well heck, that stinks. Thiefs suck.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not that it would stop a thief who wanted them, but just curious: Did you have them locked up wth a cable?
Old 09-30-2007, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

That does suck jeff, And even worse you can do nothin about it...
Old 09-30-2007, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

A while back I saw a pic of a guy loading a feeder on a truck. You sure that wasn't yours?JK

Man that really sucks that you can't leave anything out without some yahoo taking it. They don't need a trial for that type. Just do like in the Wild Wild West, shoot them on the spot.

That is another reason I went to hunting almost exclusively out of climbers. Had 2 stands stolen, and a few sections of steps. Carry it in, carry it out.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:56 PM
Dominant Buck

Greg:

No I didn't......but this same stand got stolen in the '05 season....and I had a good idea who stole it, then. I sort of confronted him.....and it re-appeared the next morning. It had a cable lock on it, then.

This is in the same field where I have my mineral site....and where my trail cam WAS. I pulled it on 8/15, luckily. This is the stand where I shot a doe out of Friday night. So....it had to happen last night. I was hunting not 300 yds from there, yesterday.

I know the reason they stole it. They want to run me out of there. they may have won. They're either gonna steal everything I put in there.....OR...trapse around the woods, there.....looking. Either way.....I'm screwed.

I just lost the ability to hunt a great spot, basically.......
Old 09-30-2007, 02:06 PM

I'd be all about getting it back. March up to the guys door and tell him you're feeder came up missing andyou thought he might have seen something.You should know by his reaction if he knows anything.It can't be that hard to hideand I'dask thepolice to investigate. They know who the local outlaws are.
Old 09-30-2007, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Id confront em agian and do everything you can (nicely) to get your stuff back and to get them to stop.

Maybe make a deal with them.....idk

Sorry man
Old 09-30-2007, 02:29 PM
Dominant Buck

I'm sure I'll cool off after a while.....but my first inclination is to bait the field HEAVILY.....and shoot EVERYTHING THAT COMES IN......and stay out of my other areas, until the good part of the season comes in. Two birds with one stone.

if I didn't think I'd be HELPING them....I would. My other thought is to leave my carcasses over there and let the yotes spoil their spot, too.
Old 09-30-2007, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I'm sure I'll cool off after a while.....but my first inclination is to bait the field HEAVILY.....and shoot EVERYTHING THAT COMES IN......

My other thought is to leave my carcasses over there and let the yotes spoil their spot, too.
DO IT!!!!

I WOULD!!!

.........hope everything works out for you

Quick Reply: Looks like I'm short about $400

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.