Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Looks like I'm short about $400

Old 10-01-2007, 05:33 AM
Bartender

Default RE: Looks like I'm short about $400

Ahh Diliverance,
ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

^^^^ Hey Jeff..Your answer is right in front of you! Time to invite BIGJ71 down for a doe-hunt ..Either that or post his infamous picture on the side of your new feeder!

ooohh I can see the rednecks now......squeal little piggy...squeal...
Old 10-01-2007, 05:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nothing worse than a stinking thief unless there is 2 of them. Hope you find yer stuff!!
Old 10-01-2007, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just a quick thought for anyone that faces this sort of thing. The Masterlock Python is sold at WalMart in the bicycle section and is the most rugged thing I have ever laid eyes on. At $20 it's a cheap insurance policy. I have one on my game camera and my father and I lost the keys 2x years ago. Well my father for almost a week straight went to that tree and hacked away at the cable on that thing with a hack saw until the blade broke each time. Almost a weeks worth of work and many saw blades later we found the keys. He didn't even make it quite halfway through the cable......and we still use the lock to this day. It can't really be cut with bolt cutters either because the cable will squish unlike chainso that really isn't an option either. Just a thought for you guys........
Old 10-01-2007, 07:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

nothing you can do about it get a cheap game cam do one of two thing hide it rel good or build you abox to put it in then set it where it can take the shoot of the feeder and i would go find out if they have it
they them theres a reward for returning
Old 10-01-2007, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd bait the trespassers. Getsome non-working cams, old stands, etc. putit out there and then put in a nice infrared trailcam (well camouflaged of course) and get evidence against the dirtbags. Once I had photos to back up theory, go after them legally and prosecute! I've had my land for less than a month and am already dealing with trespassers. You the kind, "Well the previous owner never had a problem with me being out here." Instead of asking, they take advantage even knowing the property has changed hands.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Just went to fill my feeder (the one I leave up 12 months a year....and don't hunt over).....and it's gone. Just for giggles....I check my lock on up the line.......yep....gone, too.

What a day, huh?

this area backs up to the SLOBS land they think is theirs and trespass to hunt on......so I have a good idea. NOTHING I can do about it, but vent, though. Nothing.
Did you pay for it on your credit card because a lot of them have a purchase protection plan?
Old 10-01-2007, 08:30 AM
Dominant Buck

TX....The stand and feeder were purchased in '05. They've been out there that long. Even if I had the receipts (I don't)....it's not the CC company's issue.

Thanks, I mean it.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

TX....The stand and feeder were purchased in '05. They've been out there that long. Even if I had the receipts (I don't)....it's not the CC company's issue.

Thanks, I mean it.
Gotcha... I know how you feel we just got a $220 camera stolen, $20 memory card, and brand new set of 6 d battiers.