Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Looks like I'm short about $400

Old 09-30-2007, 07:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Looks like I'm short about $400

When you hear banjo music, cover your butt and back out as fast as you can.

Old 09-30-2007, 07:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff, that sucks you lost your stuff, but I've had the unfortunate luck of dealing with that type in the past and you'd be best to not try to get back at them. People like that will stop at nothing to make your life a living hell until you have no choice but to abandon any common hunting ground you have. One small example would be Clorox around your stands and defecating in any stands that you have in the woods.

Cool down and hopefully you can find a better solution. Good luck.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:48 PM
Dominant Buck

Bry thats good advice. I've cooled down...and though I realize it's unfortunate....I won't do anything that would put my family in harm's way. It's NOT worth that. Nothing is.

I'll continue to hunt the area.....only with a climber. I'll continue to feed the deer......only I'll do so manually. It's not that nig a deal......I can do so on my lunch hour.....a couple times a week.

These guys have access to ONE acre......and I didn't mention that I saw a pair of what looked like fresh antlers when I was there......larger than anything I've ever seen taken from these woods. They shoot guns over there so much....i think it could be to hide the fact they're shooting guns on the woods.....outside of the season. I don't KNOW it.....but it's been their M.O. for years (according to those who know them MUCH better than I).

Ihope I never have to lay eyes on them, ever again. I'm not going to let them run me out, though. I'll hunt it when I want to......and as much as I want to. Can you believe I'm talking about land ONLY I have permission to hunt?????[:@]
Old 09-30-2007, 07:51 PM

Game cameras also work great for thief cameras.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:59 PM
Dominant Buck

But when they flash at night, Chuck....they become nothing more than another stolen item.
Old 09-30-2007, 11:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Now now now... that would not be ethical now would it
Old 10-01-2007, 12:51 AM
Typical Buck

Some guys just make me sick. They call themselves "hunters" and "sportsman" and pillage what everyone else has bought because they're too cheap or ignorant to go by their own. The sad part, I'm sure there's probably even of few of these guys on this forum. Disgusting, simply disgusting. I hope you find the guy that did it and give him what he has coming to him. Sorry that people can't leave things alone and you lost out.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:57 AM
Site Bouncer

Sorry to hear about your feeder and stand being stolen Jeff. Thieves are just the worst![:@]

I too had a couple of my stands stolen this year off of private land. First time in 20 years......I guess I need to stock up on some cable and Lock sets.[]
Old 10-01-2007, 05:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

^^^^ Hey Jeff..Your answer is right in front of you! Time to invite BIGJ71 down for a doe-hunt ..Either that or post his infamous picture on the side of your new feeder!

ooohh I can see the rednecks now......squeal little piggy...squeal...
Old 10-01-2007, 05:31 AM

This world never ceases to amaze me with the amount of dirt bags in it. Sorry about your feeder.

Quick Reply: Looks like I'm short about $400

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.