Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

NEED HELP: Bow tuning question

Old 09-30-2007, 01:08 PM

Default NEED HELP: Bow tuning question

I have a Matthews Feathermax and performing the paper tune in my backyard I have consistently had the fletching marked left of the penetration. I tried adjusting the rest, that didn't work, so I adjusted it back. I released tension on the arms, that didn't work either. I tightened the tension, that didn't work. I'm at a complete loss, can someone steer me in the right direction here?

I know my arrows are the correct length for my bow so I don't know what the problem seems to be. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NEED HELP: Bow tuning question

They might be the right length, but are they the right spine? To make any intelligent answer we need to know the details of your setup. What bow, what cam, draw length, draw weight, length of arrow, spine, tip weight and type of fletching. Release or fingers?
Old 09-30-2007, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

If and when you had the strings replaced, there could be a possibility that the static yoke may not have been set properly. If so you could be experiencing limb twist. That is the first thing that comes to mind. Often archers will start with setting the rest for tune, more times than not the important parts of bow setup get missed long before the rest setup starts.... You might want to start there!!!!
Old 09-30-2007, 04:02 PM

I shoot with a release and my rest is a Whisker Biscuit. I have a D-loop nock which can be adjusted. A buddy of mine tends to think it may be the Whisker Biscuit. I shoot with carbon PSE arrows and 100 grain broadheads, but of course this test is being done with field tips.

The Matthews Feathermax is a single cam with a 60 lb draw weight and a 29" draw length. I am 6-1 190lbs if that makes any difference.