Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rev's "doe" got me thinking.....

Old 09-30-2007, 10:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Rev's "doe" got me thinking.....

I have seen some pics of some wild lookng head gear on Does that yes i would be picking my bow up for, But probably not knowing it was a doe to begin with. If it was a small rack, and i did not know it was a doe, it would walk, if i knew, i would shoot.
Old 09-30-2007, 11:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have one to my credit!! Flashback mid 80's Pa rifle season..it was 3" or larger spikes, thatwere legal in those days.

I wasn't into archery and "score" meant nothing back then, I was still just happy to get a buck!

I shot a goofy looking 4 point...when I flipped it over to gut>>WHOA!! what in the world we got here! I went and got my Dad and Uncle before I went any further!!

Your right now-a-days it would have to be a freak for me to shoot..but some of those does that never shed thier antlers become Freaks!!
Old 09-30-2007, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

If there was anyway you could tell an antlered deer was a doe just by looking.....id defenitely shoot.
Old 09-30-2007, 11:40 AM
Fork Horn

The only way I could think of if even possible is maybe looking at the top of the head, bucks heads are usually flatter looking and the hair looks coarser where does look more rounded. But if theres antlers it may look coarse on a doe as well.
Old 09-30-2007, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe the size of the neck or something.......even then it seems like it be too hard to field judge an antlered doe
Old 09-30-2007, 01:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Bullet Hole Bailey

Maybe the size of the neck or something.......even then it seems like it be too hard to field judge an antlered doe
What was hard, was I saw him at first light, and he was behind some bushes. When he started to come out he got behind a tree which gave me an opportunity to draw back. He stayed behind the tree for several minutes and this pro 40 is hard enough to hold back with no valley. By the time he came out, I was looking through my peep and was concentrating on the exit of my arrow. When he took a step and presented the shot, I stopped him and let it fly. I was expecting to see a nice fat doe laying there, instead, the first thing I saw was a set of balls... Then I walked up to him and he was a little six point. Made me sick. In my area your only allowed on buck, so I have to travel to south Texas for another buck, which is no problem. Any way there's meat for the future. I am not a trophy hunter, not whitetail anyway. I hope this year Aussie and I can get a trophy Axis on the wall.
Old 09-30-2007, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

So you arent the one who shot the monster???
Old 09-30-2007, 05:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

BHB, you really gotta start readint ALL the posts and pay attention.

Yes, he is, a monster antlered doe...it's all a play in words, ribbing, smack talk etc..... plus more. [8D]
Old 09-30-2007, 05:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know that now........i missed it and actually believed it[&:]

LOL!!

Thanks Rob