Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

HAD SOME ACTION TODAY

Old 09-29-2007, 10:34 PM
Fork Horn

Default HAD SOME ACTION TODAY

Had some action today, 5H, Town of Ohio,Black River Wild Forest, Was set up high because the wind was blowing a bit, (got in the stand around 3:30),heard allot of movement going on and saw nothing so i sat back relaxed and wouldn't ya know Isee movement to the right out of the corner of my eye (5:00p.m.), turn to see what it is and its a buck coming in from behind me at 15 yards(upwind), I scramble to my feet and reach for my bow, hes moving straight back away from me so i let out a grunt(mouth, not call) he stop 1/4'ing away I let the arrow fly and hear the sound of my arrow ripping through something hollow(Like a thick balloon popping), and see him get knocked sideways a little. He bounds forward a couple times into the thick woods. So I am watching where he went in and a couple of minutes later see a deer walking slowly from my right to my left where he went in (now I am thinking got shot the way the deer was walking). Now i sit till 6:00 because i don't want to get down and jump a gut shot deer(done that to many times already) before i go to look for my arrow. Get over to where i think he was standing and cant find anything (blood, arrow, nothing) so i go back to where the thicker stuff start and i believe he went in and find the arrow next to a sapling and both are covered in blood. The arrow had blood all the way down to the nock, but the head had something i didn't like(stomach content a very little) the shaft and fletchings had none, they didn't even smell. So i go get my buddy who was getting down cause he seen nothing and tell him we have a tracking job on our hands and ask his input on the arrow in case my nose ain't working to well (getting over a sinus infection) he's says he smells nothing and thats a ton of blood. So we drop our stands and bows off at the truck and grab our tracking and gutting gear and start out. So we start at the spot I found the arrow and seen the blood and we are losing light so we need the lights, cant find anything more than the tree covered where the arrow was so i back off and look for drops before it and make a line of direction and look on that direction after and find a drop 10-15 yards from there, after that it all got easy cause it went from drops every 2 feet to a highway we prob didn't need light to follow and there he was 75-100 from where i shot. Sot was farther back then i wanted, but clipped the stomach destroyed the liver and 1 lung (my first 30 Yard shot)

P.S. Sorry for the long version, BTW The other deer a seen while watching for him wasn't him, just another deer i never know was there LOL. Biggest northern tier buck i have seen to date, if it wasn't last years tag probably would have let him walk

OH YEAH forget he is an 8 point

Old 09-29-2007, 10:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: had some action today

Congrats on a fine deer!!!!!
Old 09-29-2007, 10:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

WAY TO GO MAN!!!!!

CONGRATS!!!!!
Old 09-29-2007, 10:49 PM
Typical Buck

Congrat's... The pic is very hard to see ...looks like a good one for the northern Zone...
Old 09-29-2007, 10:57 PM
Fork Horn

thanks here's 2 more thats as big as i can get them

Old 09-29-2007, 10:58 PM
Super Moderator

Congrats...
Old 09-29-2007, 11:03 PM
Typical Buck

That's better... Very Nice.. Two more weeks for us down south.. Ist ok things dont start picking to around Holloween....
Old 09-29-2007, 11:11 PM
Fork Horn

Ya, can't wait for southern to open, at least there i can hold off for something bigger(farm country got to love it).

Rich
Old 09-29-2007, 11:17 PM

Congrants on your buck
Old 09-30-2007, 08:30 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: HAD SOME ACTION TODAY

Congrats!!!

Quick Reply: HAD SOME ACTION TODAY

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.