Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage BH

Old 09-29-2007, 06:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Rage BH

ORIGINAL: Germ

Ok guys who is using them?

I am making a switch, my bow is tuned and I am going to shoot the PH tomorrow. IF all goes well I will be using the Rage.

GMMAT has made me a believer, I said I would never go Mech, but you can not argue with the results.

I can say it, I was wrong
I bought mine at the end of last season ...... looking forward to sending one through the ribcage of a deer soon
Old 09-29-2007, 07:26 PM
Typical Buck

im goin tomarrow to buy a set of rage 2 blades i use the g5 montecs now i like em but man that rage is sick nasty
Old 09-29-2007, 07:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

i got Rocky Mountain Snypers shooting with my muzzys right now. found probably the last pack of 125gr snypers out there. wanted to give them a whirl just because of the reviews...but i been shooting 125 all year so rage and snypers were out...till i found them in a little basement shop last week. work great in foam.

kicking myself...if i woulda had the snyper nocked this AM instead of a muzzy, i just might be singin a tune about my first bowkilled buck. buuuut i had a muzzy on and wasnt paying attention to the fact my arrow wasnt even on my rest...muzzy caught on the riser and popped right off the string didnt hit the ground...but what are ya gunna do at full draw lol. ive done it with FPs, and i can mangle the arrow back on the rest...im going to see if i can with with snypers tomarrow...then i will REALLLY kick myself. love the heads...dont know why i didnt nock it...they seem pretty tough and really reliable...havent had trouble with mine opening in foam and on apples...
Old 09-29-2007, 07:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'll stick with my Strikers, mechanicals have the possibility of failing. This is no slam on my man GMMAT, I have seen holes like that on young deer many times. Its because of tender skin and no fat.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Spoiler

I dont know but thanks for asking I'm curious myself..I know alot the top names in the industry are using them now.
I certainly don't fit into the "top names in the industry" group.......but I still love using the Rage 2-Blade. Just got them rigged up on the gold tip - ted nugent arrows for opening day, which is Monday here in Indiana.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:19 AM

I love these rage 2 blades! They fly great and have awesome cutting diameter. I have only tried them on a rabbit in my front yard and the results were shocking to say the lest. All that was holding the rabbit together was a little piece of skin. Can't wait to try these on a boar soon!
Old 09-30-2007, 07:24 AM
Dominant Buck

Motown:

I agree.....I was just on a string of bad luck....and wanted a new look. I still have all my Muzzy's....and they may see action, again!

Hope everyting's going well in KS. Don't kill "MY" deer...lol!