Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

This is why I drink Aquafina

Old 09-29-2007, 02:21 PM

Default RE: This is why I drink Aquafina

man vs. wild drinks his own pee, that's what a real hunter would do.
Old 09-29-2007, 03:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

No need to pee in a bottle, either... many studies have shown that urine has no discernible smell distinguishing it as "human" or "predator" and it doesn't bother deer.

There's always those who say they don't know, but I've peed from too many stands to think otherwise. In fact, this guy was taken on Dec. 26th... after a HARD year of pursuing him. I finally got an arrow through him on the SIXTH time I saw him from stand -- and I pee from all my stands when I have to. He never had a clue I was hunting, as he walked right under me once (no shot opportunity) and was behind some brush at 30 on another instance; neither time did he spook then, or at any time.

Old 09-29-2007, 04:04 PM

Ah yes, the muddy nosed buck.No wonder he didn't smell you; he had mud up his nose.

Anyway, I used to "bottle" my pee as well but not anymore. I too have killed deer after doing my business.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:08 AM
Host of Hosts

Both are tap...filtered MANY times to rid the water of "tap taste."

OMG! When I read that real quick it looked like "pap test" YUK!
Old 09-30-2007, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: StrutNtom

ORIGINAL: Pat Curtis

Dasani = Coke
Aquafine = Pepsi

Both are tap...filtered MANY times to rid the water of "tap taste."
Again this isn't true.

Tell me how it isn't. Both use municipal sources, often labled as "Purified Drinking Water." They both use areverse osmosis filtering system, and they both add minerals for taste distinction, plus several types of salts.

It's filtered tap, with a twist.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:14 PM

Being employed by Coca-Cola i can tell you this is true....Pat, you are correct sir.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:20 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Predator19

Being employed by Coca-Cola i can tell you this is true....Pat, you are correct sir.
And I used to work for Pepsi and run the machine that bottled the Aquafina water. It is cleaned with clorine. I am not sure what the name of it is, but they called it "ozone". It is an OSHA requirment that the machine operator not work in the "filling room", but for a certain amount of time b/c of the clorine fumes.

Aquafina can not be shipped out as soon as it is bottled. It has to sit in the warehouse for a certain amout of time.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

I can attest to this being true, too... I used to call on one of the largest bottling facilities that produced filtered water for Sam's Clubs in the United States (Cott Beverage Company in Sikeston, MO) as a Grainger rep... I've been given a personal tour of the process and seen it many, many times. It's basically just an extreme filtering process.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:50 PM

They just had a whole thing on the news a few months ago and Aquafina and another company both admitted to being nothing more but filtered tap water.

Anyway, how does a bottle of water become noisy when all you do is scew the cap off and take a drink? And like Greg said about using the bottle for a pee bottle, forget it, just let er fly. The only part im worried about is the noise fromit falling 20ft.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PABuck_HNTR

boil swamp water
Why boil it? A real Hunter would just drink it
why water use your piss or mud

Quick Reply: This is why I drink Aquafina

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.