Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Every Shot - Version V (EXTREMELY GRAPHIC)

Old 09-29-2007, 07:13 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Every Shot - Version V (EXTREMELY GRAPHIC)

I did, Rickmur....but I wasn't sure everyone would. No problems. David and Jeff are firends.

If you're keeping score, Fraley....It's 5 shots. 1 miss...I nick...and 3 deer. I'm not proud of that....but it's the truth. I'm going to try to do a lot better.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:25 AM
Bartender

You are doing great pal, all part of hunting. You get more opportunities at deer and it shows the whole picture and how hunting can be. Me and you both went through it this year trying to find one and it can be crazy.
I hope everyone continues to read your hunting ventures this year especially the younger crowd. I have learned some based on you and hopefully they will. Make sense?
Old 09-29-2007, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great deer and a great hole but I am curious??? At what point is a hole big enough? It seems that the biggest advantage would be on a poorly hit deer which is fine but would that doe had gone any further with just a 1.25 inch broadhead? I gotta admitthat you must have done some major internal damage.
I am serious though. Are cutting diameters just gonna keep getting bigger?

I think my manhood is being challenged. I just shoot puny little Rocket steelheads. I hope it's not a shoe size kinda thing. LOL
Old 09-29-2007, 07:29 AM
Dominant Buck

Planter...I don't know. I'm no one to really comment on this (my experience level). I think the entrance hole absolutely blew me away. I guess the quartering angle aided it's damage.

Fraley.....I appreciate your kind words.....but I still have a long ways to go. I'm not happy with myself right now.....not completely. Last year, I was. This is supposed to be fun. I'm learning almost every hunt, too.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:35 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

David and Jeff. Admittedly....she's small. I think I've documented what I'm up against here, though.....and I don't regret taking her. I regret missing the other one.

No fanfare....post was to tell of the shot....and to show the results of the head.
No problem at all Jeff, I was not condemning the killing of her, I was just using the term as reference to her body size and hole size. Sometimes the hole looks larger because they are smaller, but in this case, that hole is huge either way.

I salute you for controlling the herd, and trying to better it by evening out the ratio of does to bucks!
Old 09-29-2007, 07:38 AM
Bartender

I think you hit on the head, fun. I am not happy myself with my shots at all and I am starting to blame everything else except me. Like today I am going to go buy a drop rest to see if the may help. But with a little bit of help from Pumpkin (Germ lol) about peaking sounds like he nailed it. GregH thread this morning also helps. He nailed it on the head that sometimes I end up seeing the whole dear instead of picking a spot and I recommend everyone to read that thread. Sorry dont mean to hijack and please dont take it that way. We both have work to do thats all bud.

Here is that thread
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2348286
After 20 years and wake up calls are great like this.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:42 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Fraley.....I appreciate your kind words.....but I still have a long ways to go. I'm not happy with myself right now.....not completely. Last year, I was. This is supposed to be fun. I'm learning almost every hunt, too.
Keep it fun Gmmat don't get caught up with alot of deep thoughts!!! I know it is hard to do--with wanting to be the best we can and our love for the animals we pursue--
And as far as the learning process ifit ever stops Quit Hunting--I have hunted since I was six Toted a gun or a bow since I was seven--I am now Forty seven--And Iam still learning or at leasttrying to. Anybody who says they don'tneed to learn more about hunting(or life) IMO Welll it best not said!!
Old 09-29-2007, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great job GMMAT!! Thats crazy. I'll stick to my Thunderheads, thats too messy for me lol.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

WOW! haha that is insane
Old 09-29-2007, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

HOLY SCHNIKEYS......are exploding heads legal in your woods?

Quick Reply: Every Shot - Version V (EXTREMELY GRAPHIC)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.