Going to pick up APAJaws (Dan) now for the 4 hour driveto my place in PA so we can sitin a tree tomorrow, and then on Sunday start working on putting some knotty pine paneling over..." />

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I'm outta here........

Old 09-28-2007, 05:50 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: I'm outta here........

Good luck and safe travels to all the guys/gals heading for there opening day destination.
Old 09-28-2007, 05:52 PM
Typical Buck

[/align]Good luck RJ. I hope you get some good hunting in.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys. It was a truly great weekend even though we didn't put one on the ground. I ended up not seeing a thing early morning and got down a bit early at around 9:30 because the wind started swirling on me. On the way out, I did pull the memory card on the camera I finally put up a week ago and managed to get a picture of a half decent buck which you can see in another post on here. Saturday evening found me in a blind watching one of my plots because this was one of the only spots for the unusual west wind we had. I ended up with a buck fawn and doe fawn at less than 10 yards from me and then Momma came in too but never offered a good shot angle even though she was less than 30 yards several times. They ended up walking off and then I had another single 1.5 year old doe (good eating) come in at around 6:30pm that presented me a pretty good shot. I clicked her at 38.5 yards with the rangefinder however she ended up taking a few steps after I clicked her and ended up a bit closer than I thought she was........I'm guessing she was around 35 yards when I let it fly. I was holding just on the bottom of the heart with a 40 yard pin and ended up going high and I ended up missing her clean finding my arrow stuck in a tree behind where she stood.

Sunday we headed to the lumber mill and picked up a truck load of log paneling for the inside of camp, and we worked from about 12-5pm and got one whole side of the inside done. The interior looks simply amazing and I can't wait till it's all done and the bunk bed are built, this will create a lot more room in there. The entire day as we were building and cutting deer stopped in and out of the food plot just over 300 yards from the front door. They didn't have a care in the world and just watched us work. I will get a journal entry written up at some point with pictures from the weekend and posted soon, lots of great pictures.

Can't wait till next weekend!!