Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lone wolf climbers: sit & climb vs. hand climber

Old 09-28-2007, 08:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Lone wolf climbers: sit & climb vs. hand climber

Anyone have any experience in directly comparing these two personally?

I'm thinking at least that Cougar Mag may have, but I wanted to throw it out to the general populace as well; I'd love to hear your feedback on which one you'd choose over the other -- and why.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Lone wolf climbers: sit & climb vs. hand climber

Yes I have both Tops. I like the hand climber for Stealth..easier packing,and shorter sits. I like the Sit and Climb for longer sits (more comfortable). They are both good.

The hand climber requires one to be in (at a minimum) decent shape with good strength. You muscle your way up.

The sit and climb is easier to climb, probably for the masses. I will use the sit and climb at least, at first, due to my Injury, it will require less exertion.

I'd be hapy to address any other questions but basically thats it in a nut shell.

If I could only pick one..I use the hand climber 85% of the time. (injury not withstanding)
Old 09-28-2007, 08:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

Greg I have used both.

I agree with GR8.

I will say Ideal is to have both top sections to take with you. I like the ease of sit n climb, but like the openess of the hand climber. I may just order the hand climber section and carry it with me. I can always use it to set stuff on
Old 09-28-2007, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Greag, Exactly what GR8 said to the T, I only use the sit and climb because I broke my back 20 years ago and I can sit all day in the sit and climb.. Walt
Old 09-28-2007, 09:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Awesome! Thanks for the input guys!

I know what you mean about having both sets of tops... On my Summit climber, I've got both the Viper top and the Cobra top... and I've found I hardly ever take my Viper top along. Even though it's an easier climb, I can't handle that bar being there -- even if it's just mental.

The one thing that did look attractive on the LW though is that the bar can be folded out of the way... Germ, you say you like the openness of the hand climber, but wouldn't the sit and climb offer that same openness once the bar was rotated back and under the seat? What am I missing here?
Old 09-28-2007, 09:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

It's the shots behind you that will get you.

Example if I had the hand climber seat this past weekend, my team might have 140+ points on the board.

I push the bar back, but 2 out 3 bucks I killed have been behind me, or I had to shoot facing the tree. There is not very much room with the sit n climb IMO
Old 09-28-2007, 09:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't follow you either Germ..My bar (the part you sit on when climbing) Just hangs under my seat when I'm up.

It just sits there like a swing underneath the seat. It would move if I justbrushed against it.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

It's shot behind you on the angle, now I have longer bow and that might be my issue. I would rather have it open.

It's the bar on the angle that you screw in. I tried to shoot behind me for practice and I wacked my cam[:@]
Old 09-28-2007, 09:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've used both, but own and prefer the alpha climber. Mainly becuase of packing ability and setup.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

So the bars that you're talking about is the support bars holding the seat up, not the bar that you sit and climb with?

Quick Reply: Lone wolf climbers: sit & climb vs. hand climber

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.