Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lone wolf climbers: sit & climb vs. hand climber

Old 09-28-2007, 09:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Lone wolf climbers: sit & climb vs. hand climber

They're both Alpha climbers, Bobco... I assume you're meaning the hand climber?
Old 09-28-2007, 09:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ok yes I see your point..not the climbing bar.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

They're both Alpha climbers, Bobco... I assume you're meaning the hand climber?
Yes.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have used both to, i have a sit and climb right now, my bow is short so its not to big of an issue. I did like the openess of the hand climber, you could shoot from the sitting position also with the open front, and i have!
Old 09-28-2007, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have hunted out of both and I bought the sit and climb. I agree with what has been said so far. The only thing I would add is that I wrapped the front rail on the sit and climb with foam pipe insulation and then with camo vinyl. It makes it much more comfortable to use and more quiet to pack/unpack.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

What I have found with the sit & climb isn't the shot behind you it's when you need to shoot left or right while sitting!!! For the shots behind you just leave the seat section just a tad lower and your bow wont hit it. But the side bars are an issue if you get caught sitting and have to shoot anything but out front of you.. Walt
Old 09-28-2007, 11:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yep, Walt... I just figured out that Germ was talking about shooting froma seated position and trying to turn and shoot behind him. I can definitely see how the sit and climb could hinder that action... It took a while to register with me, as I can't tell you the last time I shot a deer sitting down.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a hand climber I use for bow hunting. I would also like to have one of the old style set and climb tops. Does anyone know how to get one or have one for sell. I want the old style so I can set higher than the newer S&C.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

I don't follow you either Germ..My bar (the part you sit on when climbing) Just hangs under my seat when I'm up.

It just sits there like a swing underneath the seat. It would move if I justbrushed against it.
GR8, that isreally the only negative thing with the sit and climb. I'm always tightening that thing.[:@]Once tight though, it will stay up and out of the way. I have two of these bad boys. They don't come more quiet.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Germ

It's shot behind you on the angle, now I have longer bow and that might be my issue. I would rather have it open.

It's the bar on the angle that you screw in. I tried to shoot behind me for practice and I wacked my cam[:@]
Got a similar stand. I leave it down by the base and just stand. It's never in he way and I'm always ready.

I don't think I would ever have the sit and climb. Just too much for me. I checked one out. The clamp for the belt was very positive, however it also was very stiff. Seemed a bit troublesome. The stand also has colors that really stand out. Would need different straps. Even the belts look like the sun could play games with them and speaking of them, it also comes with small belts. Largerones are avalable at 30 bucks more.[:@]The larger ones take you to your summits range which I think is minimum.

Still has many things I think are the cats a$$.

Quick Reply: Lone wolf climbers: sit & climb vs. hand climber

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.