Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pics and Stories of Your First Bowkills

Old 09-28-2007, 09:31 AM

Default RE: Pics and Stories of Your First Bowkills

Mine was a Turkey fall of '95, and remains the only thing I've gotten with a bow. I actually don't think I've been bow hunting since. I'm attempting to get back into the sport now.

Anyway...
It was the last day of the season and I decided anything that came close was going down. I hit it at 35 yards and it didn't get very good penetration at all. Must of been some crappy broad heads. Anyway, it basically just went through the wing. I tracked it to a bush and it jumped out and ran to the top of a small hill. Shedding the arrow on the way. Picked up the arrow, ended up shooting it twice with the same arrow. The second shot penetraited all the way through it.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:05 PM
Typical Buck

1985 FORKHORN..Check the funky Camo out...
Old 09-28-2007, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

My first bow kill was a squirrel, my second was rabbit, and I hope my third will be a deer.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

My first bowkill was a doe. I don't have a picture of it but here is my first buck with a bow taken approx 15 plus years ago.

Old 09-28-2007, 06:18 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: phall2

Spike. Last day of the season that year. Had spooked a few does that morning at 20 yards. Shot my spike at 35 that evening. I was so damn excited!
Poor deer your choking him.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:14 PM
Typical Buck

Here's a pic of the first bear i shot in Quebec..

Great Hunt.. 1989 the last night of the hunt.. Earlier in the week i had two differnt P&Y lurking but could not put it together..
Old 09-28-2007, 08:07 PM
Fork Horn

My first bow kill was early November of last season. I found an area in some thick pines that was just full of scrapes and rubs and the ground was all torn up with what looked like two bucks having a scuffle. I set my climberfor an evening huntjust on the edge of the pines with a scent wick soaked in Tinks about 20 yards away. I grunted in 3 does who came in behind my stand and walked up right underneath the tree I was in. I had passed up on two skippers earlier in the season so I was excited to get off my first shot. My inexperience showed as I tried to peak around the tree to take a look at them and got busted.

The evening was drawing to a close and I was feeling pretty bummed about messing up my chance to fill my doe tag. I gave another grunt and immediately heard two deer start running toward me hard from two different directions. The buck I shot though was the only one I got to see.

The next few moments was like something you would see on hunting shows. The buck stepped out of the pines with his lips curled and his nose in the air. He delibertly made his was towards my scent wick, all the while sniffing the air and the ground. He went behind some trees and I was able to draw my bow. He took one step into an opening and I pulled the trigger on my release. The buck jumped away behind the trees and started blowing pretty hard. He ran off about 50 yards and piled up. I was pretty juiced. My first bow deer and my first buck!

Old 09-28-2007, 08:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

congrats on your first kill i plan to post mine on next thursday which will be my first time out this year andmyfirst time bow hunting
Old 09-28-2007, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

My first bow kill was in 1992 I believe it was Oct. 12th. I had been bowhunting for a couple of years and never killed one. It was my first time ever hunting from a treestand and for some reason I had a bad case of the hickups and couldnt get rid of them for the life of me. I thought for sure if anything came out in the been field it would hear me. Not 2 minutes after the hichups stopped a nice year and a half old 8 pionter stepped out and turned broadside at about 25 yards. I drew and settled the pin and released, I was stunned I had actualy hit him. The shot was a bit far back, solid liver. Trailed the deer for a couple hundered yards and found him piled up in the creek. Unfortunately I dont have a picture but I was as proud as could be. This will be my wifes first bow season so hopefuly Ill be able to post some pics of her and her first bowkill.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

My first bowkill was last year. First week in November and my first day hunting, I got into my stand at 5:00 AM and waited for the sun to come out. Shortly after sunrise a 13 point buck walked into the opening and I pulled back and took aim. I release the arrow and watched it hit the ground between the buck's feet. I was shocked! I refocused my eyes to see a small twig holding on by just a bit of bark. The buck walked into the tree line on the far side of the opening. I grunted and grunted trying to get him back, but all I got in return was an occassional blow response from the buck. Within 15 minutes and OLD 8 pointer walked into the opening and chased a doe right past me. The buck stopped less than 15 feet from me and stood there watching the doe. I stood up in the stand and took aim, then let her fly. The buck did a mule kick and then walked about 100 yards from me to lay down. After he laid down, I got down from the stand and walked over to where he had been standing. 20 feet past this point was my arrow all covered in blood and fat. 2 hours later, I walked over to where I watched him lay down and there he was. I was lucky, my second year bow hunting I dropped an old boy. Definately not a trophy, but his photo hangs on the wall of my den and his antlers hang on the mantle in the family room. I could shoot a world class buck tomorrow,but that rack and the memory of that first bow kill will never be topped.

Quick Reply: Pics and Stories of Your First Bowkills

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.