Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I'm crazy, I think I can make it out.

Old 09-27-2007, 10:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I'm crazy, I think I can make it out.

Just be careful my friend... Don't want to find out that you've extended your layup trying something foolish!
Old 09-27-2007, 10:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, your not thinking right. Like I told GR8 the other day, I have a friend that has had that operation twice. Doc told him after the second operation if he tore it again he was looking at being a permanent crip. Dont over do it !
Old 09-27-2007, 10:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

I hear ya guys and believe me I'm soaking it in. I'll know tomorrow if I can get up the tree or not. I do know one thing, I won't be putting pressure on my Achillies...so...I'm still thinking I can do it. I've got to try, I know me.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:02 PM
Typical Buck

You're nuts, Rob. But good luck!

And DO be careful. I selfishly want you to continue to be able to go out and hunt so you can continue to give us all great advice!
Old 09-27-2007, 11:59 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Rob

Good luck !!

Tim
Old 09-28-2007, 05:12 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-28-2007, 05:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

OCD OCD OCD!!!! Definate signs of "Obssesive Compulsive Disorder" lol. Please be careful bud! Enjoy the view and good luck.
Old 09-28-2007, 05:23 AM

Hmm do you think waiting till Wednesday or Thursday would make this safer? Prolly what I'd do if I was in your situation.
Whatever you decide, good luck man.
Old 09-28-2007, 05:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah good luck..get out while ya can.. I limped hard yesterday and almost reached for the crutches this morning just to get to work..Dunno why but the serious disabling heel pain is back..must have over-done it somewhere along the line although nothing stands out in my mind.

Tomorrow is, what it is, we'll see what happens..
Old 09-28-2007, 05:35 AM
Dominant Buck

Yep, your not thinking right. Like I told GR8 the other day, I have a friend that has had that operation twice.
I agree. One of my best friends played basketball where we went to college.....and tore his in a pickup game at the age of 23. He was in excellent physical shape....and it happened. The second time he tore it....(both complet etears)....he had been out of a cast for about 1 year. He was playing golf.....looking for a ball in the rough....and stepped on it, wrong....complete tear, again.

Nobody can tell you what to do. Just understand your choice has potential consequences (ESPECIALLY the "choice" to climb).

Good luck to you and Kurt.

Quick Reply: I'm crazy, I think I can make it out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.