Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Opening Morning in NY

Old 09-27-2007, 04:32 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Opening Morning in NY

So here it is opening morning in NY's early bow season. I woke up at 5 for my short trip with my climber. It was 68 degrees and the humidity is the same. It's spitting light drops of rain with promises of heavier stuff to come. I just couldn't do it. The wind is wrong for where I wanted to go so I said screw it. I'm not going to stink up a good stand the first day of the season. They're calling for possible thundershowers this afternoon so I might not make it out this evening either. It's time I face it... I'm a crotchetty old fart wusss. LOL Friday calls for scattered showers with better temps.We may play golf Friday if the weather holds off. The weekend looks good. You can't kill them with a laptop I know. LOL There'll be other days. If I need meat I can always visit Len. He shot two on Tuesday AM. A couple weeks ago our temps were in the 30s at night. Where is that weather when you need it?
Old 09-27-2007, 05:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Opening Morning in NY

The weather sure has been strange in NY lately. 92 degrees a couple days ago at the end of September?[:-] Sounds like rain all day thursday and clearing up for the weekend. Get your arse out there you crotchety old fart.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

I hear ya David. My opener is Saturday. Temps are supposed to be upper 60s in the morning and upper 80s for a high. I'm going but I won't be in my favorite stand of oaks UNLESS I have a good SE wind.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:53 AM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

What a wuss !! Not going hunting !! I have lost all respect for you !! [8D] Give her heck when the you get out. The weather is been something else here too. A guy shouldn't be sweating and fighting skeeters off this late in September. [:'(] We need a good frost to straighten things out!!

Congrats to Len on his hunting.

Tim
Old 09-27-2007, 06:00 AM
Typical Buck

Opening day in Maine , I will be going out this afternoon, it supposed to be around 70, with a chance of showers, and cooling off the rest of the week.Thank God, it was 87 yesterday.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:13 AM
Site Buck Guru

You did the right thing. However, you may want to scout out a few more trees so that you have a stand site for all wind directions. Then again, you wouldn't have any excuses for not hunting!!??[:-]
Old 09-27-2007, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ahh, some days its just like that, you just say the heck with it!!

Dave, when did you migrate to NY. I noticed that a few weeks ago in your sig. Got tired of MD??
Old 09-27-2007, 07:06 AM

I gotta confess......myself and alot of other people have been doing the rain dance to get rain up there. On my way up to the Salmon River on Sun for a week of salmon fishing, and water is badly needed. I promise no more dancing after Sat. night!
Old 09-27-2007, 08:21 AM
Dominant Buck

I should employ your tactics more, David. I hunted a 10 acre woodlot this morning.....that I hadn't been in all year. I did EVERYTHING wrong....(forgot: haul line; gloves; mask; dropped my cap from my perch) and still had 5 deer within 20 yds for the morning sit. MY FAULT, completely, I don't have a deer to show for the effort (albeit a lackluster effort). I screwed the pooch 2X, today.....and never took a shot.

Good luck in the coming days.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: hunterdeneugene

I gotta confess......myself and alot of other people have been doing the rain dance to get rain up there. On my way up to the Salmon River on Sun for a week of salmon fishing, and water is badly needed. I promise no more dancing after Sat. night!
Same here.My pond could sure use it, it's only up about 18 inches since May and it's spring fed.

Quick Reply: Opening Morning in NY

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.