Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

fawn bleat

Old 09-26-2007, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: fawn bleat

I must admit it was adoe bleat and not the smaller can that produces the fawn bleat.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:57 PM

Well I guess I have to clarify a couple things. There is
1. Doe Bleat-
a. simple doe call (Can, Call- simple burr sound)
b. doe in heat bleat (Can, Call- More of a whinney burr, calling out to bucks)
2. Fawn Bleat
a. Fawn call (Can, Call- very quiet burr high pitch burr)
b. Fawn Distress Call (Call-Like scream, very distressed)
The one we used to get them come running in was the distress call.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Fawn distress calls are a great way to SEE deer, but I wouldn't recommend one for hunting. The does that come to the call are wound tight and if you do get a shot they will likely jump the string and create a poor hit. All in all it is a recipe for wounded deer. It's fun to see them coming and how they react, but I save it for before the season in areas I don't plan on hunting.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Eric~ While we are on the subject of this I will tell you my story that happened last saturday. I sat all morning in my treestand in a fairly thick brushy area. I was gathering my stuff up to throw in my bag to leave when I thought, HEY I am gonna blow on my True Talker fawn bleat. Ive had it work before, but this was different. I just gave a few long semi quite bleats, and up stood a big doe that apparently was laying in a thick patch of brush all morning 30yds away straight away from me. Haha[:-]

I know you guys are probably thinking how did he not see the deer 30 yds straight away? Its amazing what some brush will do to camouflauge a deer!

I am sure your method of loud screams would work, but I have never tried it that way? I will have to give it a shot!
Old 09-26-2007, 07:08 PM
Typical Buck

It is the distress call I am speaking of also.The coyotes will respond if nothing else will,sometimes a bobcat will come in to the call too.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:06 AM

It really is amazing how they can truely appear and disappear before your eyes. Like you said the doe was laying only yards away and then stood up. I was in a climber one time and had a doe and a fawn walk up munching on leaves not ten yards below me. After watching them for thirty minutes, I turned and suddenly they were gone. After about two hours I was going to climb down and as I did they jumped up fifteen yards from me almost straight down. They must have been sleeping right under me.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:23 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]