Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's up with Gold Tip Nocks???

Old 09-26-2007, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default What's up with Gold Tip Nocks???

Monday afternoon I had my second nock break on release within a two week period. Luckily, once again, it absorbed enough of the power stroke before it broke to avoid damage to the bow. Should Ijust buy a stockpile of nocks and change them out every week or two? Do nocks have some kind of "useable life span" or something?

I did take the advice of one of you and went to the shop and bought white nocks instead of orange. Maybe that'll help a little. I'm starting tobecome a little nervous about practicing. That's the second time I had a nock breakEXACTLY one week before a season opener. Last one wasMissouri. Arkansas opens Monday. Maybe it's a bad omen.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:26 AM

Default RE: What's up with Gold Tip Nocks???

Are you talking abutthe pin nocks? Or they regular big nocks?
Old 09-26-2007, 08:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

i watched my buddys nock on a gold tip explode by hitting a compressed hay bale. he swore up and down he robinhooded my arrow. i knew he didnt. it was his own nock exploding lol.

what caused it is beyond me. he said he had that happen more than once...my other buddy looses his goldtip nocks all the time. the arrow hits the target and his nocks fly out. they are stock nocks from the factory...

ive never had that happen with easton or CX...and im shooting more speed and KE than both of them so its definently not that...
Old 09-26-2007, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Their nocksare junk, replace them with another brand, and make sure you email GT and let them know what happend, and how you were lucky you were not injured!
Old 09-26-2007, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have never had any problem with them; but I would change brands if they are breaking. You don't want to mess up your bow or get hurt.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:02 AM

Gold tips and their products are now being made in Mexico with less quality control on the product.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have had a couple of their nocks break on release before. Fortunately, no damage to me or my bow.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Are you talking abutthe pin nocks? Or they regular big nocks?
They were the regular nocks.

ORIGINAL: Sliverflicker

Their nocksare junk, replace them with another brand, and make sure you email GT and let them know what happend, and how you were lucky you were not injured!
I'll do that. Any suggestions on a better brand to switch to?
Old 09-26-2007, 10:33 AM

I shoot GT's, just replaced the factory nocks with Bohning BlazerDouble Lock Nocks. I never had a problem with the factory nocks, but they were two years old and they did seem a little looser, slipped of the string easier. The double lock nocks fit good and the arrow wont fall off the string unless you want it to. A 12pk was like $5.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Gold tips and their products are now being made in Mexico with less quality control on the product.
Odd.... I got some GT XT's back in July and they're quite a bit better than the ones I had several years ago. I thought that all foreign made products had to bear a mark showing country of origin. There is nothing on the packaging or shafts to show they're made in Mexico. Are you sure about this, RHanbaum?

Quick Reply: What's up with Gold Tip Nocks???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.